Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

AROSPEED FRONT-MOUNT COLD AIR INTAKE, ANY GOOD?

8K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Juggles 
#1 ·
JUST WONDERING IF THE AROSPEED FRONT-MOUNT COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM IS ANY GOOD. HOW DOES IT COMPARED TO AEM'S INTAKE.

#3 ·
I seen this intake on Horsepower TV, there "project civic". It looks like a good intake, but hell, I dont know. I would say go for it.

#4 ·
R3DCViC said:
my friend has dat intake...
one thing i know about dat intake is dat ITS LOUDER~!!hehe
prolly get more cold air through the pipe too...
y0, y0 diz peep be fo real do. damn dog, you know your shizzy. dat intake is da bomb.

Seriously though, its not worth the money. It is likely to suck in some water and looks like an intercooler :confused:. Just keep your stock air box.

#5 ·
Just wondering, when it starts raining won't water get forced right into it ? Since your driving and the rain is going to hit the intake, there is nothing to keep it from water like let's say under a hood. Iono, just a thought.

#6 ·
actually i've seen them and they have plexiglass infront of them to prevent the water from getting in,but they dont give you any extra power compared to a regular cai,I'd just go with the reg cai its just les to worry about,try washing your car with that thing
I'd be afraid to aim the hose at it

#11 ·
tonys4311 said:
actually i've seen them and they have plexiglass infront of them to prevent the water from getting in
Uhm...ok...so how exactly does the air get in now?
:confused:

Just stick to the regular pipe + cone filter style. You'll only get nagged about how it looks like an intercooler.

#12 ·
Don't get the aerospeed intake man. I looked at it, and it make suck in more air, it was a great idea and everything, but look at the distance it has to travel to get to your engine. Plus the risk of it getting water and everything else. Get AEM C/A/I or I personally like R.S. Akimoto! Bigger piping is better!

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.