Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how tight to torque them too?

think i need a retorque, losing some oil out the back of the head, but no coolant leak.

any help would be swell

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
80 ft lbs if you used oil and 75ft lbs if you used thier moly i believe.

btw just retightening them may solve your problem in the short term but once oil gets through the cracks if you dont replace the gasket and clean the area it will probably start seaping a lot earlier then it normaly would.

i actually have the same problem you do right now and im just going to replace the head gasket. whats really bizzare is those drain gallies arent under any serious amount of pressure...makes me wonder.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet, yeah, i'm going to try the retorque first, see what happens. and then i'll do a head gasket because i know that is what is going to fix the problem.

might as well try the free stuff first.

for some reason though, i thought the torque was higher than that, i remember having to have my buddy rocco do it because my skinny ass couldnt do it, it was something crazy like 200 lbs or some shit. maybe that was in inch/lbs and we didnt realize it :eek

thanks rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.