Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many times can u re-use arp headstuds?? I took the head off to install the new pistons but now i think the head is lifting under high boost. If i boost 7psi it runs great all day long. The moment i turn it up to 12-15 psi ......coolant overflows to the bottle and i over heat. The head gasket seems to be leaking at high boost only. All the surfaces were straight and my mechanic said i should get new headstuds.
Need some opinions on if i should just get the new studs or retorque the old ones. BTW.... someone told me i should heat cycle them and have them retorqued if i get new ones. How does that work?
Thanx in advance guys.

· Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BurntRubber87 said:
Headstuds= about $100
Fucking shit up= expensive

I think you can retorque arp headstuds but are you using arp headstuds now or stock headbolts? I say get a strong headgasket and new arps you should be golden
I am using arp now but someone told me i should get new ones since i took off the head.

· Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kommon_sense said:
so you took the head off to do the pistons and reused the headstuds... Did you reuse the headgasket as well?
I dont know if ur trying to be funny or if ur an idiot but no i didnt re-use the headgasket and from what ive read.....ARPs can be used more than once.

· Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
i dont know what headgasket you have but metal headgaskets can be reused.
I use oem HGs cuz i heard they work best and i get them for cheap since i work for Honda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.