Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
like most people you probably have a oil breather. that could of caused a oil smell. so unless im wrong oil breathers,along with most intakes are illegal in some states, including california. so they could of smelled something or just noticed your modded looking car and wanted to check, could of been quota fill time

·
Registered
496 Posts
i was not commenting on why he got stopped, could of been not using a signal or speeding, i thought modifying the emission systems on a vehicle breaks emissions laws, or maybe those only apply to the makers of the car, but anyways that was my point, i figured modding emission = law break, emission system = under hood, popping hood = point proven and ticket given. and if im wrong about CA laws and such, its probably becuase i leave on the east coast, and in south carolina pretty much what ever goes as far as cars. we dont have emissions testing, and i think CA does

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.