Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my clutch pedal makes this springy, crinkle sound...I feel like my pedal is going to fall off and it feels and sounds annoying. what's wrong with it???

jay

· Registered
14,553 Posts
mine squeeks when i push it in. if its like a squeeking noise then i wouldnt worry about it. unless you can hear it when the car is actually on.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah when I push it in then let it go it feels like springy or crinkly and it makes a springy clinky noise...it's annoying sound and feel...should I go to honda and spend like 100 bucks to fix it or is the pedal gonna break off or something??

jay

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hc99si1 said:
my cars only done 27k but clutch squeaks already, think it might need some wd40
ahhh but it squeaks not from the joint of the clutch to the floor or whatever, it squeaks from the pedal, the flat part...hhmm maybe you are right ill try cooking oil or something, i don't have wd40...

· Registered
177 Posts
Mine actually makes that noise too.... But i think also its from the clutch release lever on the tranny itself..... right where the cable attaches....... at least thats where it sounds like.... I'm sure most of us have the same problem.......

Dan

· Registered
452 Posts
Generally this is a sign of a problem with the pressure plate and throwout bearing.
Sometimes it is the springs on the clutch disc that get loose.
So far as I know there is no way to lubricate any of these pieces to stop the noise you describe. If the release fork has a pivot point that may need a dab of high temp grease.
Just something to think about: Clutches can only take a certain amount of abuse before they fail. You can get up to 130K miles out of a Honda clutch-maybe more, but it requires a gentler driving style.:)

· Registered
908 Posts
jc836 said:
Generally this is a sign of a problem with the pressure plate and throwout bearing.
Sometimes it is the springs on the clutch disc that get loose.
So far as I know there is no way to lubricate any of these pieces to stop the noise you describe. If the release fork has a pivot point that may need a dab of high temp grease.
Just something to think about: Clutches can only take a certain amount of abuse before they fail. You can get up to 130K miles out of a Honda clutch-maybe more, but it requires a gentler driving style.:)
My stock clutch had that same noise/feeling. Finally (about 2 months later) the clutch gave out. When I chagned my clutch, the old one had RUSTY SPRINGS in the clutch disk. I was surprised they would look like that. It may be an early indication that the clutch is going bad.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah it actually disappeared somewhat...now though I feel air in the clutch somewhere so ima have to bleed the clutch...

sometimes I can dislike my car.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
94lude said:
that noise is from the slave cylinder that goes onto the throw out bearing arm thing. if u grease that up it will stop for a little while (u have to have tranny our slave cyinder off) lube with ky jelly, i mean bearing grease....

GRRR thanks for making me more worried...!

phuck...it's a honda ima just let it go...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.