Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused :confused Well basically i need some advice from people who arent wannabe ricers well my civic needs a front shock, and i want to know whether to just replace it or just do the whole lower job (buy 4 shocks and springs) that will pretty much break my sack money wise but i think it's better than just doing one shock and getting a header and catback, anyways figuring my car is pretty weak motor wise i think the better move performance wise would be lowering it what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
actually i think that anti theft mods should be done first, but suspension is right after, along with some rims/tires wich you already have. whats your budget and what do you use your car for?
you might also want to post in the suspension forum so more people can see this.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you plan on lowering the car eventually, you might consider just upgrading all four corners now if you can afford it.

I'm willing to bet there are a number of people that still have their OEM struts and springs from when they lowered their car. Some of those people might almost GIVE them to you. You might ask around the classifieds section to see if you can get a better deal that way.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Slipjack said:
If you plan on lowering the car eventually, you might consider just upgrading all four corners now if you can afford it.

I'm willing to bet there are a number of people that still have their OEM struts and springs from when they lowered their car. Some of those people might almost GIVE them to you. You might ask around the classifieds section to see if you can get a better deal that way.
This is really good advice. I agree with everything he says.

But like iLLeFFeKt CiViC said, think about what you use your car for. If you want a cushier daily driver, adding a lowered suspension isn't going to help the ride quality those 18"s are giving you right now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah

well right now it's on stock tires cuz i'm delieverin pizza's but i'm getting a job later on that doesn't require me to beat the shit out of my car but I just want it to look clean. right now it looks lifted when i slap the rims on but thanks for the advice it's helping plan this shit out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
a little advice

If i was u i would not replace just one shock the best thing to do would be all 4 but if u dont have the money for that just do the front 2 haveing 1 new one might throw your ride off a little. Also lowering your car isnt going to help your motor performance just give you better ground control. also if its just your shock that is bad u should not have to replace your springs. if u do all new shocks u can still put lowering springs on it with stock shocks i know alot of people who have. hope this is helpful

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what no way

thanks dude i thought the drop was going to give 75 hp :bash

·
Registered
94 Posts
best thing to do is not go cheep, cheep is easy, but if u spend the money, get some worth while shit, then i guarentee u wont be unhappy. get all 4 corners done, tiens, or kybs, or something reputable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.