Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have no problem w/ the price. hell if i was him id be askin for more with 60k on motor. but these honda ******* and their salvaged titles. :facepalm:

if i had cash id offer $15k thats it. salvaged title = fail

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
why does a salvage title make it worthless?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Dammit Matt
:idiots
Its like having sex with a girl that was gang-banged my 30 dudes
fucking worthless
why does a title effect the value tyhough? if tghe car is in one piece, runs great, and looks to be in awesome condition, I think its pretty damn gay that just a title holds it back

thats like having a newer lambo with a salvage title and trying to sell it for only 40k with 10k miles :

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a salvaged title means that the car was salvaged.

meaning that the dude coulda bought the car from a junkyard that was about to crush it. why was in it the junkyard? its possible the car was rolled eleventybillion times, then the person who bought it from the jy replaced EVERYTHING. or maybe it has possible frame damage, making the car unsafe. or this isnt unheard of, maybe the dude wrecked his NSX and totaled the rear end, and was able to find a rear end off of a totaled NSX in the front, took the 2 halves and welded them together.

a salvaged title make a car worthless

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
salvaged titles=questionable welds in important areas of the car where very important things are supported that could catastrophically fail at any moment. however sometimes a car gets a salvage title after some bullshit accident as well, i've seen that. i bought a car with salvage title and turned out to be one of the reliable fun cars i've ever owned. it was just at the age where the insurance comp along with the owner felt that the damage done wasn't worth to fix the car. i got it dirt cheap and the damage really wasn't shit either. cuts both ways you just have to know why it's salvaged, that helps

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
meh, I just look harder for shit wrong on a car with a salvaged title. for all we know, teh car got a salvaged title cause the motor went bad and insurance didnt think the car deserved a 2000 dollar new motor from the dealership

not everything salvaged means SHIT

just mean you gotta investigate a little bit :tu

My brother bought a salvaged mazda mx3, motor and tranny had gone out. he bought the car with a salvaged titel and it had a 80k motor/tranny setup in it, for 900 bucks. car at the time was averaging 3500, and his was only 180k on the body

salvaged titles have a chance for FTW status :lol

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
meh, I just look harder for shit wrong on a car with a salvaged title. for all we know, teh car got a salvaged title cause the motor went bad and insurance didnt think the car deserved a 2000 dollar new motor from the dealership

not everything salvaged means SHIT

just mean you gotta investigate a little bit :tu

My brother bought a salvaged mazda mx3, motor and tranny had gone out. he bought the car with a salvaged titel and it had a 80k motor/tranny setup in it, for 900 bucks. car at the time was averaging 3500, and his was only 180k on the body

salvaged titles have a chance for FTW status :lol
it does when you register and insure the car. it takes over a month just to get a car registered in pa.....and that's if there is nothing wrong with it.

my car has an r title but i don't care because the sr20 swaps are illegal as is so i would've been in the same boat with any sr swapped car. plus i'll never get alot of money from a stealership anyway since it's an old ass s-chassis

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.