Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first a little cut and paste:
ATE's high-performance brake fluid for coping with the extreme demands posed by motor racing. Thanks to its outstanding wet boiling point, it has the highest safety reserves. It is used in motor racing by leading car makers. Dry boiling point: 280 deg. cel. (536 deg. F) 50 deg. cel.(122 deg. F.) above DOT4. Wet boiling point: 200 deg. C (392 deg. F) 45 deg. C (113 deg. F) above DOT 4.

i paid $12/1 liter can for this stuff and bought two for my track day. i didn't get to switch fluids before the track event though, so now i've got an extra can just sitting here. i think the expensive Motul stuff is about $12/500mL, but i can't justify the extra expense for a product that performs just slightly better. after some heated togue runs, my brakes hold up just fine...if you've got a really heavy car, then maybe the motul stuff would be a better choice.

i used almost the entire liter when i flushed out my old fluid for this new stuff.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahha yeah, maybe i should edit it somehow :lol

can't you tell from the bag where i bought it from?? :hehe Super Autobacs :tu normally i wouldn't go to them for car parts, but things like fluids and other little accessories and dvds, their prices aren't too shabby.

i think you can order it thru the web at www.optauto.com ($14.95 i think from them + shipping). you can also check w/ some of the sho sponsors if they can get their hands on it for a better price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts