Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
met up with some friends this past weekend, went to 2 different locations and took some shots. some may be a little photoshop heavy (blurring especially), but i'm still trying to learn all of the features, ins and outs, of the program. comments, both positive and negative, are appreciated, as both will help me grow as an amateur photographer (and i stress the word amateur!).

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
nice pics, cool cars.

imo, i would go easier on the blur tool. You can see the lines that were made to circle the car and the effect makes the cars look fake, almost as if they were rc cars. I'd either blur a lot less, or just use the focus and dof on your camera to get a similar effect.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Wow, really nice stuff in the garage. You could have done a lot more with that. I guess it is tiring though moving the cars around so much.

Also the s2000 in the first pic should have had the parking lights on too. With also the one accord forward a bit. That woulda made it just that much better.

I didnt think the blur effect was too bad on some photos. Others it didnt look so great.

All in all your stuff looks good and your improving. :tu

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ProAccordV6 said:
I'd either blur a lot less, or just use the focus and dof on your camera to get a similar effect.
true, but unless you have a digital slr, the f stop can only be taken down so far (mine will go to about 2.1/2.2). the macro shots on my camera get a nice blurring effect of the background, but these aren't macro shots. lol.

as far as the blurring, i do agree that i went a little overboard, but it's a learning process as well. i guess i figured i'd branch out from what i'm used to doing with photoshop (which is just minor enhancement), and see what happened.

mike_sho said:
Wow, really nice stuff in the garage. You could have done a lot more with that. I guess it is tiring though moving the cars around so much.
it was.

Also the s2000 in the first pic should have had the parking lights on too. With also the one accord forward a bit. That woulda made it just that much better.
i didn't even think about it. the "set up" was just the three accords, and the s2k was there. i just moved over, just to see if i could get all four cars, and i could. i guess it was sort of "behind the scenes" shot, lol.

I didnt think the blur effect was too bad on some photos. Others it didnt look so great.
agreed.

All in all your stuff looks good and your improving. :tu
thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great to see another ATLien shooting!

I am a photographer here in Atlanta, as well. I have just recently started a site specifiacally for automotive photographers that you may find of great use.

www.automotivephoto.com

I found out about this site because, 5genlude came over and registered just recenently.

PLease come and join us and we can talk automotive photography day in, day out...

Maybe we can get together and share resources and equipment on some shoots.

sKiz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts