Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again.

I have a question about some of the parts to my coilovers.....was hoping someone could help.

Now Of course...

Each unit, has the threaded shaft, and 2 locking perches. On both ends of the new spring, are these fitted flat gaskets..

It also comes with 8 each of these other rubber ring (gaskets?)

I imagine thats 2 per unit...What are these for?

They come in 3 different thicknesses.....like 2mm, 6mm and 10mm (guessing thicknesses).

Anyone install these, and know what they are for?

I bought an offname brand.....and was wondering, if these are just thickness choices.......or if they are all used.........please help....

·
Registered
385 Posts
the rubber pieces just for the use like spacers... but you don't really need it (i think) :) because when i installed my coilovers i only use the coils, sleeves, the top and bottom holder that's it... i threw away all those rubber O rings

·
Registered
838 Posts
i have ground controls, just installed it last week .. also using it with kyb agx .. so it also depends on what shocks you're using it with .. for the fronts, i only use the small on the bottom and top of the threaded shaft cuz it already had that sleeve thing inside of it .. while the rears, with the kyb, the black sleeve didnt didnt fit so I had to use the really fat rubber rings inside the shaft for it to be a tight fit on the shock. i use like 2 small ones on bottom and top and 3 fat ones between it .. so if you want to be safe, u can just put one on top and bottom to secure it ..

·
Registered
458 Posts
true, it depends on what struts you are using with, in terms of which thickness rubber rings to use, but you MUST USE 'EM, so that way you won't hear the metal to metal sounds wherever you go!

$.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts