Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not do it with the stuff still in the car. I feel so light-headed...:cool Seriously, I feel like crap. About half-way through I got a giant whiff of the propellant for this stuff right in my mouth. Oh my god it was gross as hell, I tried to throw it up, but that didn't make a difference. The taste was still in my mouth, ugh... I bust people for huffing paint, and I believe I just did it... Shoulda worn a respirator.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, man get some fabric fresh. Hmm, post pics of the project, i wanna see how it went.
Will do, so far I got my headliner in and changed all the brown fabric in my car to blue, then I got 3 whole cans of Duplicolor Fabric and Vinyl Dye, and that was enough for the whole back seat and the carpet only. I bet it would take about 10 cans to do a whole car. So I got to go to the store tomorrow to get some more, I bought the last set at the store I went to so I'll be lucky if I find 5 more cans or so. It's turning out great, just the fumes are really nauseating, not like spray-painting something. WAy worse.

and now all the brown is becoming black. It's a slow process.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
i think the door panels are going to come out awesome
the headliner is a little too much for me, i would have gone black with that

but as far as the work goes it looks like youre doing a good job :tu

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did my best with the doors, and the dash and all the plastic pieces look AWESOME>

As far as dying the carpet, that worked great too. But dying the seats with Duplicolor Fabric and Vinyl Dye? I wouldn't recommend it. I bought about 8 cans to do the interior and parts of the seats still look brown even after coating and rubbing the stuff in. I'm going to go look at a fabric store for a water-based black dye to try to finish it up. The leathery parts of the seats look awesome though, as well as the under-plastic stuff. Well, here's a shot of a finished section:

The other problem with the dye is that the seats aren't "soft" anymore, they're kinda hard and feel less-plush.

I also did my valve cover a couple days ago, figure I'd share that too:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like blue much?

you should have just got new seats or rewrapped them in some cutom shit
Looking into it actually. They had some fake recaros at the auto store for $150 a piece. Thinking about turning the whole car into bucket seats... cause I need my rear seat, but who has custom rear seats? :confused I'll also have to figure out how to get the seats out and do the airbags and stuff, because the front seats have side airbags, and SRS sensors and crap. What would I do with all the wires to keep SRS from turning on?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I wound up doing, I jumped the sensors, and reattached the seatbelt sensors. There is a stick attached to each seatbelt that says "explosive", what is that for? They're attached by stronger bolts than stock to the sides of my new seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts