Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your PM message box is full so I had to post here. I recently got a ticket requiring me to to visit the referee station. I live in California and that fucking CHP bastard made me pop my hood and decided to be a dick. Anyways, bitching isn't gonna help now. I need to get my B16 certified. Luckily, the engine is a 1992 and my car is a 1990. However, the B16 I have came from an JDM Integra. Is it still possible to make my car pass? The reason I got for failing was "It's all Japanese". That's all the dumbass working there could tell me. Funny thing is they have pictures of the Japanese B16 and the USDM B16 from a Del Sol. As a result he looked at his pictures and realized that mine didn't look the same. So he told me all of my sensors need to be changed. I think they just need to be moved. He also mentioned something about my ECU being Japanese. This is where you come in. I would really appreciate it if you coud tell me how you went about getting your car to pass. You mentioned the engine diagram, where would I get one for a B16? Please PM me or answer here if you want. I would really appreciate any info and please be as detailed as possible. TIA.

· Registered
150 Posts
ouch, this is a tough one!
man, i read in one of the post on here saying the cops legally can not make you pop your hood. this is unless they have a paper saying you have too. this paper is similar to a search warrent.
I suggest you do alittle research looking for the diagram
maybe change the valve cover to a US spec(delsol) borrow a ecu.

any suggestion anyone?

ttt

· Registered
150 Posts
"Make sure your engine configuration and vacuum line configuration match the US Helms manual of the engine you claim to have. Nothing should be missing and everything should be as shown in the manual. And the locations of the parts need to be very close to the manual. In other words, if you are converting a 96 GSR engine to 95 spec, you must be certain you get all emissions parts right. If you have a Japanese engine, you still need to make sure the emissions parts and hoses match the US version you are smogging as. "

got it off of hybrid honda.

just look on line for a 92 delsol vtec diagram and
make you car look like that, as I have suggested change the valve cover and ecu
then bring it and and hopefully you can pass it.
one thing though they may check to see if it is stolen,and find out that it aint usdm. so .. good luck

crxtc has a usdm 91 teg motor, so all he had to do was
add a fast idle valve and pay 40$

· Registered
1,428 Posts
tong took the words out of my mouth dammit! ahahha.........yeah get all the DEL SOL smog equipment and slap that shit on there....then change spark plugs, do a valve adjust, oil change (wont help but y not?), and run some injector cleaner in that shit b4 you go, then get the del sol DOHC VTEC hose diagram hood sticker from the honda dealer and slap that on your CF hood, then you should b good to go (with all the other shit i told you)....and all you had to do is say no to him...........WOOT WOOT I GOT A BAR STICKER!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.