Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm new to the h22a accords and i would like the pros and cons of the swap. currently, i'm looking to purchase a 94 accord ex 4dr w/a jap spec h22a motor running together w/a f22 tranny. before i decide to get it, i want to check with peoples who has some experience with the hybrid. is this type of hybrid similar to h22 preludes in regards to timeslips? so please post approximate timeslips, hp/torque specs, car weight. is this setup reliable for daily driving and maybe some weekend pounding at the races. i would appreciate any info (including flaming) in educating me...thanks.

· Registered
2,076 Posts
Well lets see...accord 4 DR EX is about the same weight as a prelude. The only thing you said that would slow it down would be the F22 tranny. It does have longer gearing, so its not going to accelerate as fast, but still close to a prelude tranny. I heard they are pretty close until 4th gear. So yeah you should be running about the same times. I would guess low 15's. Some accord can get 14.8's or so. yes this is a reliable set up. Depending on year of motor it can have 190-200(doubt is has the type S motor 220hp) and 156-158 tQ. Oh and it weights 3009 pounds. I asume its a manual.

· Registered
679 Posts
Jeff said:
hi, i'm new to the h22a accords and i would like the pros and cons of the swap. currently, i'm looking to purchase a 94 accord ex 4dr w/a jap spec h22a motor running together w/a f22 tranny. before i decide to get it, i want to check with peoples who has some experience with the hybrid. is this type of hybrid similar to h22 preludes in regards to timeslips? so please post approximate timeslips, hp/torque specs, car weight. is this setup reliable for daily driving and maybe some weekend pounding at the races. i would appreciate any info (including flaming) in educating me...thanks.
around the power range of a prelude, it is a very reliable swap since everything is a direct bolt in :) so you won't have to worry about that. Only thing you'd have to modify is your accords factory wiring harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.