Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
munkeysoup said:
A 1.8T A4? If so, then yes...they do have good mod potential. Chip and exhaust will get you 40-50 whp for $1000. As for taking it over the av6, its all up to you.:D
Agreed....

The 1.8Ts (same on the Jetta's) are super fast, and the car is AWD. For $1000 worth of mods, I'd go that route!

· Registered
917 Posts
FadeToBlack said:
are there superchargers available or turbos?? and what about body kits any nice one?
You probably don't know much about VW/Audi engine then. The 1.8T A4 is a I4 1.8L turbo. You could add a chip (APR) and change the air filter with K&N one for around $500 (reusing your CPU). This upgrade could land you another 40hp and ton of torque (up to 240 lb-ft I think).

· Registered
1,316 Posts
bachviet said:
You probably don't know much about VW/Audi engine then. The 1.8T A4 is a I4 1.8L turbo. You could add a chip (APR) and change the air filter with K&N one for around $500 (reusing your CPU). This upgrade could land you another 40hp and ton of torque (up to 240 lb-ft I think).

255 if i remember when i went dynoing with the VW people in their 1.8T jetta.

Most of them had a chip, exhaust and filter.

Which pisses me off that i put more than double that into my car to see a puny 20HP to the wheels when they are getting 40-50HP and if i remmeber they all had atleast 100 ftlb torque more than my puny 155 so they had around 255+TQ to the wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.