Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Actually, Jet engines don't put down the power the same way a car does.. This is nothing new.. I have seen at least 5 or 6 different videos of race cars racing jets.. The cars will win every time. I have seen CART cars race F18s and beat them by 3 cars... But think about it this way.. Most modern jets can break the sound barrier without braking a sweat.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Nightstalker said:
Actually, Jet engines don't put down the power the same way a car does.. This is nothing new.. I have seen at least 5 or 6 different videos of race cars racing jets.. The cars will win every time. I have seen CART cars race F18s and beat them by 3 cars... But think about it this way.. Most modern jets can break the sound barrier without braking a sweat.
I think most people realize that jets dont put power to the wheels....

These races are highly likely to be pre calculated by an engineer and are not just to "see who wins". And in this case I would bet they chose the harrier over other availiable jets for a reason, to get a closer race.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
NegroDamus said:
I think most people realize that jets dont put power to the wheels....

These races are highly likely to be pre calculated by an engineer and are not just to "see who wins". And in this case I would bet they chose the harrier over other availiable jets for a reason, to get a closer race.
Hey what ended up happening to that guy dancing in your sig?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
This isnt even a fair race, the harrier is a big slow bitch. its a short range attack aircraft, famous for it vertical takeoff and landing. BY NO MEANS IS IT FAST. We have almost 60 of them here on base and seeing them take off i think sometimes i could beat them down the run way in my Si. Bad vid for those that know whats up, for those are dont know THAT much about planes, im sure its pretty amusing.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Hybrid Fever said:
Hey what ended up happening to that guy dancing in your sig?
Damaged his pride and bruised his face. Nothing serious, he walked away, I bout died when I saw it happen on tv. :lol2 They even played it over and over and in slow mo on the actual tv show.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
cool vid....i wanna see the guys whole rutine then smash his face. :w00t

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.