Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Audio Tech, CTR cd player into 00' hatch

1K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Dalek-9 
#1 ·
Is there a security code you have to input or something with CTR cd players ? I searched for this thread and was suprised to not find anything. Thanks for any help.

#8 ·
I already had an idea about the radio freq's before I got the cd player and if I could have radio it would be nice. But I don't listen to radio as much as everyone else, (especially in orlando, it's all hip-hop, new rock, or really mainstream dance/techno). Any other info with this code stuff would be greatly appreciated though. I guess I'll go to the dealership when I get the next chance.

#9 ·
dwnthehatch said:
Are you just going to use the CD function on it? I thought the JDM units use a different radio frequency than the US models. If anyone can get a code for my old cd player let me know. I'll give you $10
You don't have to pay me (though you're more than welcome to, haha), but I'll give you some advice...

If the radio's out of the car (if not, then take it out), grab the serial number off the back of it.. Write that down and head out to your local Honda dealership's parts counter and tell the guys to give you the security code.. They'll just look up your serial no. and give you the corresponding code.. Then write it down so you don't forget, and that's all there is to it.. haha :D

#11 ·
dwnthehatch said:
I already tried that and they wanted to charge me $60.00
That's probably the labor charge to take the radio out of your car.. A buddy I work with, he had the same problem, and they wanted $75 to give him the code.. I told him I knew how to do it, and I took his radio out at work one day.. I took the serial number to the parts counter, and they looked it right up for me..

haha, just post the serial no. up here or PM it to me.. I'll f*ckin get the code next time I'm at the dealership..

#16 ·
dwnthehatch said:
Thanks a ton! If you ever need anything let me know!
No problem, it worked ok, right?

I had to make a lucky guess.. I was like "Can you do me a favor, I have the serial number, can you just look up the security code for me?" "I sure can, what kind of car?" Confidently said, "A Civic" and he goes, "And what year?" I'm like, "UHhh... a 98.. Yeah, I believe it's a 98." and he came back with the code, so I guess it was ok.. Eventhough your is an '00, I guess he was able to look it up anyway.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.