Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this one is gunna be in Arcade Mode. Times are due no later than August 29. Since I wont be in America at that time, You guys will have to decide whos running the next few contests.

The track: Grand Valley

The car: New Mustang GT '05

Driver Aids: Any

Tires: SS

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
are we allowed to play with the power or weight (you can tune your car for +- 20% horsepower and +-10% weight).

anyway, without touching that, i got 2:16'232

i need to work on turn 2. Im either hitting the brakes too late and sliding almost off the course, or hitting them to early, and having to accelerate again, then brake for the apex. other than that, i think i can shave 2 seconds off the rest of the course.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HEHE, im already in the 2:11's

im gunna say no to the tuning, leave it as is.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
NegroDamus said:
I'll give it a go after work.
please dont

i hate that the car understeers so bad, but doesnt have the power to break the tires to kick the back out around turns. I screwed around with the weight and power for a couple laps, and i love that car way better, i nailed turn 2 perfectly (mabye coincidence) and had enough power to slide the rear out around the tight hairpins, and the second turn of the last chicayne (sp). I have to tap the brakes and go full lock right to keep from running on to the grass before the final turn (which im having trouble with too) This turn seems WAY different from gran turismo 3.

but ill work on it later, i got shit to do.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NegroDamus said:
2'09.560 Still room for improvement.

good times, ill gun for a 2'06.000 tonight, maybe a 2'05

and Using the aids is gay, the car isnt powerfull enough for the aids to make any kind of difference, there are like three cars on the entire game that i use the driver's aids on. everything else is no aids and manual transmission, automatic sucks.

as for the last chicane, once i accelerate out of that i dont let off till turn one at around 138mph.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NegroDamus said:
So what is your best time so far?

Last night I was just goofing around showin my buddy what our little contests are about and pulled a 2'11.116 but there is MUCH room for improvement. He kept wanting me to try and drift it and this car doesnt willingly do that. tonight ill be more serious about it and see what i can pull. Im glad you are on here cuz everyone of my friends around town here says they wont race me anymore.....i have to play their games and not GT4.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
2000redCIVICsi said:
Last night I was just goofing around showin my buddy what our little contests are about and pulled a 2'11.116 but there is MUCH room for improvement. He kept wanting me to try and drift it and this car doesnt willingly do that. tonight ill be more serious about it and see what i can pull. Im glad you are on here cuz everyone of my friends around town here says they wont race me anymore.....i have to play their games and not GT4.
lol welcome to my world. I don't think you will be getting lower than 2'08.xxx, thats my prediction.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NegroDamus said:
lol welcome to my world. I don't think you will be getting lower than 2'08.xxx, thats my prediction.

yeah, me too but im gunnin for it, i think we should get together and go around whoopin GT4 ass

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
ezeedee said:
2:13'868

you guys are pwning me.
You will make up the most time by braking as late as possible.

I'll give you a rundown off the top of my head...

This is how you should be runnin on your second lap, hot lap.

Cross the start finish line in 4th and hold 4th gear all the way to turn 1 (no need for 5th on this track.)

Braking into turn 1 at 136-138mph down shift twice quickly into 2nd gear as you aim for the apex, but dont hit the apex, the curbs will push you off line. Mash the gas a soon as you can and shift into 3rd at 70mph.

In the lil S turn section thats next, you should be in 4th gear at the curbs on the left as you approach the right hand part of the S, line up far to the left and turn into the apex (this one is tricky), as you turn in let off the gas and stay in 4th at about 105mph. Get as close to the right side curbs as you can then mash the gas again and steer left, you should hit the next curbs at 108 or faster.

Now you are coming up on the right hand turn hairpin, brake as late as possible and aim for the apex, down from 4th to 2nd gear, you want to be going slow like 40some mph if you go to fast it will understeer and you wont be able to get on the gas as soon as you should.

The next set of double left hand turns is also tricky, and you need to think about your line. You should be in 3rd gear as you get to the first left hand turn, stay to the inside left, as you pass the first apex, mash the brakes hard and down to 2nd (can use 3rd but its harder to hold the line) hit the second apex and then mash the gas shift into 3rd at 70mph for the next right, right set. ON the second right hand turn tap the brakes and aim for the apex as you down shift into 2nd gear clip the apex and mash the gas.

This next hard left hairpin is pretty easy, as you are still in 2nd gear, brake from the outside right and turn into the apex, mash the gas asap, you are now heading into the tunnel.

As you are coming out of the tunnel for the next left turn in 3rd, brake down into 2nd gear and turn into that apex early and wait for the grip before you hit the gas or it will understeer and fuck you. Shift into 3rd as you enter the next tunnel start from wide left, and ease into the right hand apex in the tunnel, at 65-70mph as you get to the apex get on the gas asap. power into 4th over the bridge.

Now you are about to enter the right hand tunnel in 4th. Brake hard then trail brake into the apex, you shouldnt slow down to less than 78-80mph for the whole tunnel, hold the inside right and then power out for the the next left right.

For the next left line up from the right, and brake late down into 2nd and steer for the left apex, stay off the gas as much as possible to prevent understeer. line up for entry into the right turn, get on the gas asap shift into 3rd at 70mph.

Now the last turn is the fast right hand sweeper into the straight. shift into 4th before you hit the apex on the right, stay full throttle all the way thru.

Hopefully this helps. :tu

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NegroDamus said:
You will make up the most time by braking as late as possible.

I'll give you a rundown off the top of my head...

This is how you should be runnin on your second lap, hot lap.

Cross the start finish line in 4th and hold 4th gear all the way to turn 1 (no need for 5th on this track.)

Braking into turn 1 at 136-138mph down shift twice quickly into 2nd gear as you aim for the apex, but dont hit the apex, the curbs will push you off line. Mash the gas a soon as you can and shift into 3rd at 70mph.

In the lil S turn section thats next, you should be in 4th gear at the curbs on the left as you approach the right hand part of the S, line up far to the left and turn into the apex (this one is tricky), as you turn in let off the gas and stay in 4th at about 105mph. Get as close to the right side curbs as you can then mash the gas again and steer left, you should hit the next curbs at 108 or faster.

Now you are coming up on the right hand turn hairpin, brake as late as possible and aim for the apex, down from 4th to 2nd gear, you want to be going slow like 40some mph if you go to fast it will understeer and you wont be able to get on the gas as soon as you should.

The next set of double left hand turns is also tricky, and you need to think about your line. You should be in 3rd gear as you get to the first left hand turn, stay to the inside left, as you pass the first apex, mash the brakes hard and down to 2nd (can use 3rd but its harder to hold the line) hit the second apex and then mash the gas shift into 3rd at 70mph for the next right, right set. ON the second right hand turn tap the brakes and aim for the apex as you down shift into 2nd gear clip the apex and mash the gas.

This next hard left hairpin is pretty easy, as you are still in 2nd gear, brake from the outside right and turn into the apex, mash the gas asap, you are now heading into the tunnel.

As you are coming out of the tunnel for the next left turn in 3rd, brake down into 2nd gear and turn into that apex early and wait for the grip before you hit the gas or it will understeer and fuck you. Shift into 3rd as you enter the next tunnel start from wide left, and ease into the right hand apex in the tunnel, at 65-70mph as you get to the apex get on the gas asap. power into 4th over the bridge.

Now you are about to enter the right hand tunnel in 4th. Brake hard then trail brake into the apex, you shouldnt slow down to less than 78-80mph for the whole tunnel, hold the inside right and then power out for the the next left right.

For the next left line up from the right, and brake late down into 2nd and steer for the left apex, stay off the gas as much as possible to prevent understeer. line up for entry into the right turn, get on the gas asap shift into 3rd at 70mph.

Now the last turn is the fast right hand sweeper into the straight. shift into 4th before you hit the apex on the right, stay full throttle all the way thru.

Hopefully this helps. :tu

wonderfull write up, i think the same way only its way faster, (it has to be out on the track) good shit, i went home last night and then went out drivin in the civic, didnt play the game any. will update soon though

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NegroDamus said:
Yea I don't think about it while driving, its just to give someone who is looking for some time to compare to what they are doing.

While driving I'm thinking Brake-steer-gas everything else is subconsious.

i only think about the upcoming turn, but thats a good explaination of what my brain is doing. i focus on the turn ahead and how to negotiate it.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NegroDamus said:
Still no time yet or what?

I have only run 9 laps total so far. :D

ok ok ok im goin hom eright now for lunch, ill tackle it real quick.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.