Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
James2475 said:
i want to keep the auto right now ... i just want to know the best way to get the most power out of the auto tranny ................
You can perform the usual mods (i/h/e) and get slightly similar gains as a stick would, but the best way to get more power would to go with forced induction. You can go with either a supercharger (JRSC) or a turbo kit (Greddy). If you do go with either of these 2 option, you'll want to get a performance torque converter to help handle the added power.

And don't let people sweat you for having an automatic... it may be more of a challenge, but it's just another means to an end: speed and performance.

· Registered
806 Posts
i wouldn't recommend a supercharger. i read somewhere about aguy with an auto and a jrsc running 16's, so he ended up converting the tranny.

at my local shop, i was told that it isn't all that expensive to do, just find the parts from a junkyard. but i'd have to say swap it out along with the engine for a more powerful one.

· Registered
610 Posts
Stock, manuals will outperform autos. Modified, autos have the potential to outperform manuals in drag racing situations. In autocross, a manual would work better. It all depends what you want to do with your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.