Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 5th gen accord i was wondering if its possible to make auto off lights like on the 6th gens where you leave your lights on for 30seconds and it would turn off by itself

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Best luck would be to get the timed relays from a car that comes with them. If you want to use a capacitor... you'd need a very large one, and also you'd need to do some math. You have to use the right resistor inline to make it discharge at the rate that you need... like a 1 farad car audio capacitor for example... at full charge if you took a wrench and touched both terminals... it would discharge INSTANTLY and you would have a new wrench/cap combo, because it would literally weld the wrench onto the terminals... so what you would have to do is buy some resistors... the problem is.. you need high watt resistors, which are harder to get. The small ones you always see at radio shack are 1/4 watt, lol, which is NOWHERE near what you need to run headlights. Good luck one way or another man, it'll be a fun project.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I thought the 6 Gen, also shut of the lights after a while?? I believe my did it once that I forgot to turn the lights off, and when I turned on my car they came back on. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah your right, the 6th Gen Accord's lights do turn off after 15 secs. I timed them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts