Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
39,372 Posts
i havent heard of that. you have to sign a waiver that temporarily voids your insurance policy while participating in an autocross event, but how would a dealer know that you actually took a car under warranty autocrossing? and who says that you would have to tell them?

· Registered
512 Posts
I believe so but ultimately it comes down to the manufacture and whatever clauses they include with in thier warranty.

Anytime you enter a time event, it's safe to assume that your warranty is void. I remember a few years back that mistubishi was denying many warranty claims related to thier evo stating they do not cover breakage related to competition driving.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
autocross you take a hard start and are in second for the duration of the course. some smashing on the brakes and some tire squeals, thats about it.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
It doesn't sound like it's as hard on the car as i thought. Seems like things most likely to fail are normal wear items anyway. I appreciate the responses.
Your just takeing your car to the limit. It SHOULD be designed to perform at them without failing if you do it occasionally. Your not driveing the car in a way that it was not designed for, IE driving it in deep water, or on a rough muddy 2 track through the woods?

You'll be fine.

· Registered
2,806 Posts
then you shouldn't be auto-xing it.
Don't hate on him due to this. You can autocross anything you want. Just keep in mind that it is harder on your car and things will wear out faster. With that said, as long as you inspect the vehicle and keep up with regular work, it should be fine. You proabably find there are better suited cars than the Hyundai to race, but it is up to the drivers preference and money situation. Learning to drive fast in a slow car is actually better than jumping straight into a fast car....
As far as warranty, just don't tell them. I have heard of insurance not covering, but if a person muffed up their car I have heard of towing it someplace else and then calling insurance.... on guy around here is rumored to have buried a Type R that he put into a wall at an autocross at our local round track. They just brought out a Backhoe, put that thing in the ground, and then reported it stolen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.