Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so yea I have talked alot about engine/tranny swap, but the more I see how much work/cost it will be the more I realise it may be a pipe dream(with saving up for college and whatnot) my question is, is it even worth it to mod an auto at all i.e. intake,exhaust,lowering and whatnot. I know it won't be as fast as a manual, but I assume it would be at least a little more powerful of a car, but would you consider that ricer, mind you I am not talking about body kits and what not. So maybe if I am really good and save like I should I will have enough money for a swap in a little while, but for right now what is your guy's opinion?

PS: What are the best type of hyperwhite lights, and can I use hyperwhites with my stock headlights?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
1. Save up for college
2. Mod the car. If you have enough for a manual swap, do it... even if it's the only mod you can afford. Are you super-attached to this car anyway? Better to sell your stock car and buy another stock manual car than to go through all that trouble and cost of swapping. Only time that's worth it IMO is if you have a ton of mods or emotional attachment to your own car.

It's going to take quite a few mods to make your car as fast as even a stock manual, and even then it won't be nearly as much fun.

I love my PIAA Hyperwhites, ran Superwhites before this and they lasted for 4-5 years. They'll work fine with stock headlights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Collicchio- you need to sit down and figure out what you really want out of your car, why get engine mods, intake, exhaust, etc. if your just gonna swap the engine down the road? Also think alot about the life of the car and how long you want to drive if for? Will you be able to afford a 2nd car or be able to car pool with somebody while this one is in the garage?
Its not as simple as just swapping in a new engine, you'll be without your car for awhile, like a week or so, maybe longer or shorter depending on the engine and the car and the experience of the guy putting it in.

If I were you, I'd put in a head unit, some nice speakers, and save money for college. Just remember that whatever you do put on your car makes it better looking for theives also...

write down what you want to do, figure out the cost and figure out how many years it'll take you to achive it....

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.