Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if you can put a Honda Accord's Trunk Opener onto a 2002 Honda Civic Coupe so the trunk will open automatically with the remote?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,837 Posts
96-00' coupes don't have automatic trunk releases, but I don't see why an accords wouldn't work, except for maybe the civics keyless enty system isn't wired for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Peteex said:
96-00' coupes don't have automatic trunk releases, but I don't see why an accords wouldn't work, except for maybe the civics keyless enty system isn't wired for it.
Well i dunno about you but my dad's does, my three other friends do and my GF's SI also does.

So...... 2000's do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,356 Posts
duduke24 said:
My 2000 EX doesn't have a remote trunk entry
Neither did my 97 EX, and nor does my 99 Si..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KoolAsian said:
don't 02's already open with the remote? Since 00's do i would assume 02's would too.
I have own a 97 EX Coupe, 00 SI Coupe and my girlfriend's 02 EX Coupe and none of them has the automatic trunk for the valet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KoolAsian said:
Well i dunno about you but my dad's does, my three other friends do and my GF's SI also does.

So...... 2000's do.
I believe you may have an aftermarket alarm with it or someone installed it already after you bought the car used. I know for a fact that no Civics have a automatic trunk release with the Keyless entry. Second clue would be on the remote, there would be a button for the trunk such as the accords do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking that if I could get the motor installed on my own and have the remote, it should work. But someone here mention the Keyless entry is not wired for it. Well, maybe Honda is really smart and has it on there and all we have to do is to install it. Of course I would have to purchase an Accord's remote with the button. I don't know. I could have sworn that someone has done it already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
you would have to do the modification to your trunk yourself, and then also modify the remote so that the trunk release button uses the frequency you set your trunk release to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Civics use a cable-operated trunk release. Getting a powered trunk release would require installation of a servo which would physically trip the latch in the rear (or grab the cable somewhere along the line and yank on it). Either way, it wouldn't be a cheap installation, nor would the servo be cheap. Not to mention wiring a transmitter of some sort to open the trunk remotely.

IMO, not worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Biff said:
Civics use a cable-operated trunk release. Getting a powered trunk release would require installation of a servo which would physically trip the latch in the rear (or grab the cable somewhere along the line and yank on it). Either way, it wouldn't be a cheap installation, nor would the servo be cheap. Not to mention wiring a transmitter of some sort to open the trunk remotely.

IMO, not worth it.
Well, I am not sure with that. Why, well, I have an aftermarket alarm on my SI and it wasn't hard at all to install the motor into it. Also to run the wire from the motor to the main wire harness/brain. But I don't know about the factory stuff. Besides, I believe my girlfriend likes everything the way it is but just wanted the trunk to pop is all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
duduke24 said:
My 2000 EX doesn't have a remote trunk entry
mine doesn't either...i'm pretty sure none of the 6 gen civics came with it from the factory. Our CL type S does though...i like it
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top