Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup yall and thanks for viewing.. now b4 ya start chuckin napalm, nukes, grenades or puttin on the black knight costume n gettin the red dragon to breath fire down my ass.. this is my gfs car, I have an 94 integra wit a B18C type R swap.. have takin my gf to a couple of out skirt city races my gf decided that she wanted a 4door 1997 integra.. I want to introduce my GF to boost n plan to rebuild the B18B in the beast.. now I kno all about the turbo system n all that so I aint no noob when it comes to engines in general but the 1 thing that I cant put my finger on is that can automatics take boost if I buy a tranny oil cooler wit it?? I'm jus lookin for maybe 6psi so that my gf can have a lil fun racing taxi cabs when shes goin to get mcdicks lol.. but ya can any1 clear that up for me n plz like I said no bomb er dragon lol

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
at oil cooler isnt necessary but it would help. can be done, and i know that hondata does not make aftermarket support ECUs for the at. youd have to convert to obd1 and chip with crome or ubderdata to get a tune.

while it will drive fine without a tune, keep in mind that the vehicle came from the manufacturer NA and now youre introducing a turbo, this will inevitably shorten the life your engine without tuning. if you cant tune i wouldnt go more than 7 or so, especially on stock injectors and whatever fmu. whynot just get mt? trust me, she will wish she had gotten one in the first place.

i know from personal experience. mine in the sig is an auto trans, my dad wouldnt let me get a manual when i was 17. a manual trans swap is a goal i would like to accomplish sometime with it..

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
ksniperfox said:
at oil cooler isnt necessary but it would help. can be done, and i know that hondata does not make aftermarket support ECUs for the at. youd have to convert to obd1 and chip with crome or ubderdata to get a tune.

while it will drive fine without a tune, keep in mind that the vehicle came from the manufacturer NA and now youre introducing a turbo, this will inevitably shorten the life your engine without tuning. if you cant tune i wouldnt go more than 7 or so, especially on stock injectors and whatever fmu. whynot just get mt? trust me, she will wish she had gotten one in the first place.

i know from personal experience. mine in the sig is an auto trans, my dad wouldnt let me get a manual when i was 17. a manual trans swap is a goal i would like to accomplish sometime with it..
is crome available for the general public now? If so how much does it run and where can I get it lol.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
CFactor said:
is crome available for the general public now? If so how much does it run and where can I get it lol.
yes it is free and available to the public. of course you must socket the ECU using de-soldering tools, soldering tools,etc, and then the chip itself, might run you a little bit of cash. but if you arent experienced at soldering/desoldering, get an expert to do it for you before you end up fucking up the ECU. i believe instructions are on www.phearable.net and they also include direct links to tools,items, and prices needed to chip. not sure where to actually get crome itself, and then youd need a tuner who is familiar with it.

i just checked the site and they dont offer support for auto p28s either. WHERE THE FUCK CAN I GET MY P28 CHIPPED FOR A TUNE? holy shit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.