Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
sell it now while its still not installed. its a waste of money and the gauge is useless.

if you really want to install it then it would help to tell us what brand/model the gauge is and what color wires are coming out of it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like it says above , auto meter. red , pos , black , neg , purple ,???, does the purple go to the o2 sensor , but then which wire (00 ex) I know the gauge is useless, but i dont want an open hole in my dash

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
red-positive
black-negative
purple-o2 sensor. on 92-95 civics its the white wire

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that helps if i had a 92-95, but its a 2000,4 wire o2 sensor, 2 green and 2 white if i remember correctly. so will it still go to one of the white wires , and will it matter on which one?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Unless you want a light show, Ground it directly to the battery. Otherwise it will just kind of scan back and forth. I have one and did this, it works 90% better now.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
civEXturbo said:
Unless you want a light show, Ground it directly to the battery. Otherwise it will just kind of scan back and forth. I have one and did this, it works 90% better now.
It scans back and forth because that's what your air/fuel ratio constantly does. Your oxygen sensor is constantly changing voltage from rich to lean. Everytime your cylinder fires, the ratio is different - that's why you have an oxygen sensor, so your ecu can fine tune the ratio and keep it stoichiometric.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.