Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
///M3ssican said:
FWD just can't handle that much power
Thats not completely true. Either you made that statement with the intent that we could read you mind (ie that we knew you ment it would stress a FWD drivetrain too much) or its just that your statement is completely untrue.

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
Moon Ill said:
Thats not completely true. Either you made that statement with the intent that we could read you mind (ie that we knew you ment it would stress a FWD drivetrain too much) or its just that your statement is completely untrue.
no, in general RWD will always outdo FWD in terms of power like that, but yes I do mean about the drivetrain

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glenfiddich_man said:
You would think with all that power, and it being lighter then my car it would be faster. I guess the traction ain't all that great, Gold Bless AWD....
I'm sure it is "faster" because it is trapping 110+mph. I also believe they mentioned a topspeed of 165mph. This thing pulls, no doubt.

But it is traction challenged. They pointed that out in the article.

This bitch is tqy as hell though. On 93 octane, it'll hit peak tq (325lb-ft) @ just 2,800rpms. With 100 octane, peak tq (365lb-ft) arrives at just 3,200rpms. Damn! :eek

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
The car is already a blast to drive in stock form, I'm sure with a stage 3 it will be even more fun, although I think for the same amount of money, you could go aftermarket and net even more gains than what a Mopar Stage 3 will.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah you can get AWD drive at that price. Gotta give DC props for trying.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
xtremefusion said:
If you cared about image, then yeah, that would become a problem, however, if you want bang for the buck, you wouldn't mind driving one. :D
Isn't that a reason why people buy cars. I mean down deep you like the look of the car you drive, or you wouldn't buy it. Cars are vanity no matter what, they are what you are, and that’s the American way. People say that car is only for themselves and they don’t care what other people think, wrong.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
Isn't that a reason why people buy cars. I mean down deep you like the look of the car you drive, or you wouldn't buy it. Cars are vanity no matter what, they are what you are, and that’s the American way. People say that car is only for themselves and they don’t care what other people think, wrong.
I guess I am in the minority then, because quite frankly, I don't care about what other people think about my automotive choice.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
xtremefusion said:
I guess I am in the minority then, because quite frankly, I don't care about what other people think about my automotive choice.
well you can say that, but how do you feel when someone says they like your car, or catch some one looking at it like its a fine piece of ass. Why else would companies spend so much money in advertising a car, they want you to feels an emotion when you see the car.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
well you can say that, but how do you feel when someone says they like your car, or catch some one looking at it like its a fine piece of ass.
I honestly wouldn't care, after all, its just a car.

I am looking forward into purchasing an SRT-4 in the near future and I am getting it solely for my enjoyment, not for anyone elses. I'm 21 and at this point, I really don't care about image, it might change when I'm older, but at this point in my life, I just don't care for the image it has.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.