Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night my friend came to pick me up in his newly bought Integra Type R (all stock) and we went to our night class. it seemed like at every light someone wanted a piece of his type r. we must have raced 3 cars in a matter of 30 mins and won 2 of them (losing only to a rx-7 i believe) it was my first ride in a type r so i must say i was blown away by the power it possessed. anyways, he wanted me to race my av6 against his type r, i know ill get murdered but is there any way an av6 can keep up with a type r? or has ne one ever beaten one? my car just has i/h/e and lowered about 2 inches...ne one got ne experiences or suggestions to share? thanks!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
no chance, itr are lsd equipped, light weight, powerful machines.

our av6 is a big fat bastard that weight more then a pig.

you might win, if you squeeze nitrous or some kind of force induction. otherwise, no chance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
race him, but make him promise to shift at 5k.

or pack his car with big fat people...

·
Registered
917 Posts
showgunz said:
Or race him on the highway and put a speed limit at 130 MPH. That's where the J30 shines. ITR's have a higher speed limit but I'm not sure how well they do on highway speeds. Make sure you start out in D3.
You'll be owned by the ITR with competent drivers. How about slashing his tires before the race??? ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bachviet said:
You'll be owned by the ITR with competent drivers. How about slashing his tires before the race??? ;)
hhaah considering hes been my friend since 2nd grade thats not a good idea..lol. but yea its true our cars are big fat pigs..haha but what can you do. all of us prolly bought the car cuz its beautiful..i mean if we wanted speed we coulda easily put our hard earned accord money into some other car..thanks though guys!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Nhanced Accord said:
no sir 50 shot but will be upgrading to 70 this week and hittin the tracks.
dang, mind me askin for a list of mods?? im squeezin 75, and my best was only 14.2

·
Registered
142 Posts
sorry...

there is no way you going to take him....

and that's coming from an ex-R owner...the car is quick...i mean it ain't a Supra...but it will hold it's own. 195hp...but only 136 tq...but it has to haul less ass..and it has bone stock ET around 14.66 or so...

i never took mine to the track...so i wouldn't know...but i've dusted many AV6 in my days...and eclipses...and Toyotas...and Civics...

·
Registered
226 Posts
i've personally seen itr's run mid to high 14's at the track, stock. but the difference could be because of sea level or temp, can't forget those factors.

but imo, you'd have to have some kind of fi to beat/keep up with the itr.

and yeah, since he just bought it, if it's brand spanking new, tell him he has to break in the motor and can't rev past 4...you're sure to win then.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
phatboy555 said:
i've personally seen itr's run mid to high 14's at the track, stock. but the difference could be because of sea level or temp, can't forget those factors.

but imo, you'd have to have some kind of fi to beat/keep up with the itr.

and yeah, since he just bought it, if it's brand spanking new, tell him he has to break in the motor and can't rev past 4...you're sure to win then.

i dont know about usdm tegs....but ive seen more than one jdm r run high 14's consistently stock.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i guess it could very well be dependant on the driver also.

a friend of mine with an 00 accord i4 manual with an intake can run like a 16.4-16.5

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Swerve said:
sorry...

there is no way you going to take him....

and that's coming from an ex-R owner...the car is quick...i mean it ain't a Supra...but it will hold it's own. 195hp...but only 136 tq...but it has to haul less ass..and it has bone stock ET around 14.66 or so...

i never took mine to the track...so i wouldn't know...but i've dusted many AV6 in my days...and eclipses...and Toyotas...and Civics...
hey swerve u got ne more pics of ure car?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts