Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can you please explain how a two-step works exactly?I know it help with launching but exactly how?Thanks,i'm retarded.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's kinda like a rev limiter for your launching

hold it full throttle but it stops it at a desired rpm so you can launch hard,really cool shit :tu

·
Registered
278 Posts
98civic4door said:
it's kinda like a rev limiter for your launching

hold it full throttle but it stops it at a desired rpm so you can launch hard,really cool shit :tu
So does it also build boost,since the throttle is open?That would mean no lag.Awesome.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skip01 said:
So does it also build boost,since the throttle is open?That would mean no lag.Awesome.
yes it will build boost but it should only be used on a track,you would kill your clutch trying to run around doing it on the street all the time.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
nice vid. 2step rules

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I have it built in my MSD digital 6....i jus ordered the button from summit....cant wait till te quaife and the 2 step are ready to go!
BTW sweet vid.!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
STI > EVO

That exhaust on the STI sounds nasty!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Sweet Vid :clap
Couple of questions....

1) Is this used for turbo vehicles only or can N/A vehicles use this feature as well?

2) Where can this be purchased at?

·
Registered
198 Posts
njn63 said:
wait, what kind of 2-steps were they using? Because the EVO sounds like it's bouncing way nicer than the STI. The STI sounds like a MSD 2-Step from my experience with those.
My guess on the Evo is a Utec piggy-back. If I'm not mistaken they've add the 2-step feature to the Utec. I wouldn't mind having a 2-step on my Xede. maybe it'll be added one of these days.

-Chad-

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My msd digital 6 plus (which i just took off the car and is now for sale) has a 2stage limiter and I played around with it just in park and it's good stuff.

·
Registered
682 Posts
the evo MR comes with a stock 2 step, it is set at 5.4k rpm, or at least that is what my magazine says... LOL

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
damn i luh teh 2 steps :tu

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
yea they sound nice but the sound alone wont get you nice 60' times. :D
i watched the video over and over and those cars dont look like they've been launced hard, but maybe its just me that sees it that way. :confused

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
they didn't look to me like they were launching all that hard either. My friend's talon launches harder than that with his 2 step. So does my prelude. :) but yea, they're fun to play with, and it's one less thing to think about when you're trying to launch. Now you just have to get the clutch-work right instead of the clutch and gas pedal.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts