Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a f*cking awesome idea. i want to mount the rear suspension of a crv to the back of my hatchback and couple that with a regeared b20 tranny mounted to a b18b(ls) block with a b18c1 (gsr) head. i know it can be done i want to be the first to do that. tell me if i'm crazy, but i'll have the money to do that. in under a year. serious replies only.

p.s. 96 honda civic hatchback medori green. 4 sale $6000 o.b.o. aftermarket parts are already on there. it's an automatic. but it kick the sh!t outta manual ex's... gtr. wing. Feels front bumper ready to be painted for 92-95 civic $250

· Registered
284 Posts
Anything is possible with enough money...

But if you want to do it right, get the parts from the JDM 4WD Civics and build your car up from there. It would be a sweet project, but I'm not sure if the concept will justify the cost. But hey, it's your money... do whatcha like.

· Registered
376 Posts
when i'm smokin v8's with a four banger and runnin 9's then it will justify the f*uckin cost

· Registered
284 Posts
98_prelude_sh said:
when i'm smokin v8's with a four banger and runnin 9's then it will justify the f*uckin cost
Are you talking about your Prelude or his idea of an LS/VTEC AWD Civic hatch? Because an LS/VTEC or an H22a with turbo could do the same job for probably less money and hassle. It's a cool idea but not really necessary that it be AWD.

· Registered
7,625 Posts
Can you list any 9-sec AWD cars? I can't think of any. AWD is good for cornering and off-the-line traction or all-weather traction. Not good for top end, it will rob hp and weighs alot.

Either way, you might be the first to try putting CRV stuff under there, but for sure you aren't the first one to think of doing it. Does that tell you anything? Others have thought about it and not bothered...Anyways the CRV AWD design is not considered one of the better AWD systems on the market, it will not handle all the power you say you will be putting into it.

Just get a good LSD tranny and sticky tires, that's how the pros do their thing.

· Registered
225 Posts
mokuboy said:
Anything is possible with enough money...

It would be a sweet project, but I'm not sure if the concept will justify the cost. But hey, it's your money... do whatcha like.
Nobody modifies a honda because they are cheep to modify. If the concept does not justify the cost, what will?

· Registered
7,625 Posts
OK, I know about some of the Skylines, but now we're talking serious supercars with 6-figure dollars spent on them and/or major sponsorship, none of which are Civics and none of which were built by kids in their parent's garage. Plus when you start with 6-cylinders, twin turbos, and a real AWD system, you're already doing serious times. That's not some cobbled-up hybrid, it's designed from the ground up to do what it does.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
then i direct you back to the AWD mitsubishi mirage hittin 9's AND HE LAUNCHED FROM SECOND GEAR!.....you never said price had n e thing to do with it either.......

· Registered
7,625 Posts
CRXtc said:
then i direct you back to the AWD mitsubishi mirage hittin 9's AND HE LAUNCHED FROM SECOND GEAR!.....you never said price had n e thing to do with it either.......
You can direct me to wherever you please, and your Mitsu guy can launch from whatever gear he wants to it doesn't change the fact that his car is not a home-built Civic. Perhaps it wasn't stated that price was an issue, but let's get real (temporarily, anyways.) It seems pretty obvious there are few people on the board with limitless funds, and this guy drives a DX hatch so I assume he's like the rest of us. The likelihood of him building a 9-sec AWD Civic is slim-to-none. Unless he uses your much-heralded Mirage with a fiberglass civic body on it.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$$$$$$$is not a problem

actually i plan on using the same car. in 6 months i will drop over 30g's into it. i plan on getting aftermarket axles for the rear differential. and for the front. i have put alot of thought into it and it is something that i want to do. i'll have the money.........so why not?????????

· Registered
284 Posts
cashizslick said:
Nobody modifies a honda because they are cheep to modify. If the concept does not justify the cost, what will?
Sure they do... It's fairly inexpensive to modify a Honda compared to other real performance cars.

And I'm not hating on medori96's idea. I think creating an AWD LS/VTEC hatchback would be cool, but I would imagine that it will be an expensive undertaking. IMO, there's a limit to the amount of money I'll spend modifying my Civic because at a certain point, my money could be better spent on a better car offering a better platform to work with. Because even if I thought dropping an SR20DET engine in my Civic and making it RWD would be cool, doesn't mean it would be the best use of my money, nor would it be cheap.

To medori96, I say go for it. It's your time and money, and I wish you the best of luck.

· Registered
284 Posts
Re: $$$$$$$is not a problem

medori96 said:
actually i plan on using the same car. in 6 months i will drop over 30g's into it. i plan on getting aftermarket axles for the rear differential. and for the front. i have put alot of thought into it and it is something that i want to do. i'll have the money.........so why not?????????
Are you planning on using the CRV's drive system? Because you know that it only engages 4WD when there's traction loss in the front wheels, or have you figured out a way to have it run 4WD all the time?

$30,000 sure is a lot to drop on a Civic... at least in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.