Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
civperc said:
Is that Tinker219's (aka. Cody aka. Mr. Lovefab) creation for his del sol?
Don't know???:confused: :confused: :confused:

But here's some pics for those who can't access the imagestation gallery:

·
Registered
435 Posts
yeah thas old news.. from waht i remember that car is a MUT right.. parts form eclipse/honda to make it awd....correct?

There is/was a AWD civic that was produced in 95 - the RTi -- althought only a wagon.. but im sure tha driveshaft can be cut to make fit on any other civic.. but knwo that the RTi came ONLY w/ a D-series engine... so it tha tranny/transfer case.. will ONLY work on a D16 ... unless u wanna build a MUT like tha CRX is...

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's all CRV components.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Gusto222 said:
There is/was a AWD civic that was produced in 95 - the RTi -- althought only a wagon..
Check my links in my post above. The 1995 4WD Civic was given the chassis code "EH", but its the same as the EG Ferio (sedan).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Those ugly ass things have awd. I could get one for super cheap nobody wants that thing.....well except me now:D.

I have a 95 civic sedan dx (d15b7). Are you telling me that every part on that wagon will fit on my civic? If so how could I mount everything?

so ferio is a "cool" way to say sedan/4dr?

·
Registered
434 Posts
fivepointhustla said:
Those ugly ass things have awd. I could get one for super cheap nobody wants that thing.....well except me now:D.

I have a 95 civic sedan dx (d15b7). Are you telling me that every part on that wagon will fit on my civic? If so how could I mount everything?

so ferio is a "cool" way to say sedan/4dr?

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
98civic duty said:
i believe ferio is the name for the sedan in japan...?
Ferio is what they call the sedan in Japan. Its part of the model name, so it really isn't a alternative name to sedan. They are one in the same, pretty much.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
fivepointhustla said:
will everything bolt up to my car from a 4wd civic? I have a 95 dx ferio.
I have no idea, but judging from what I have seen over here (FWD cars being converted to 4WD using factory parts), the floorpan is significantly different between the 4WD & FWD models. For example, Japan got the 4WD Suzuki Cultus & we only got the FWD model. Some guy converted his Australian spec Suzuki Swift to 4WD & had the cut the transmission tunnel & rear part of the original floorpan out & replace it with the 4WD Cultus floorpan. Again, another guy converted a CC Lancer coupe (Evolution 3 shape) to 4WD using Lancer GSR 4WD parts. In this case, he cut out most of the floorpan from the existing car & replaced it with a Lancer GSR floorpan. Finally, another guy converted a U12 Ford Corsair (same shape as U12 Bluebird - name could be different) from FWD to U12 Bluebird SSS 4WD layout, 7 replaced most of the floorpan also.

I'm not saying I know the answer regarding the Civic Ferio EG (because I don't), but judging from the 4WD conversions done to cars over here (& these cars all have FWD & 4WD derivatives available on the same model), its a big job, & really isn't worth it unless you desperately want 4WD &/or the parts bolt-up without any metal surgery.

I would suggest that you forget the 4WD idea & just swap in a DOHC VTEC engine. It's far simpler (even if the 4WD bits bolt-in without drama) & will cost less money. Anyways, there wasn't an EH (EG) Civic DOHC VTEC 4WD, so you will still be stuck with a D series SOHC engine. & if you really must have 4WD to get better grip, then sell your Civic & buy a WRX.

·
Registered
74 Posts
FYI...Honda Tuning has had a running feature in their mag where they are building an AWD Integra. In the most recent issue they got it running and tested it out in some dirt. Apparently there were problems... after a while it started making noise but they'll cover that in the next issue.

BTW it was put together with mostly CRV parts.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Honda Tuning Magazine has a awd integra that uses only honda parts from the crv. The funny part is i had tis idea a very long time ago but never did it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
ya i remeber getting that issue in the mail they used a gsr or itr i forgot lol they had to cut out the gas tank and crap i remeber that..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts