Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
its possible with enough money but not very realistic. you probably wouldnt be able to use the drivetrain from the CRV, youd have to get all those parts custom made. i wouldnt have any idea where to start with this work.

i dont think it would make a real difference in straight line racing anyway (for stock ludes of course). the numbers on the eclipse gst and gsx actually put the gst slightly faster w/o awd

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just thought it would be tight to have an AWD prelude, because nobody else has one. It may not improve straight line acceleration, but it would deffenitally improve the handling. It was just something i've been thinking about......

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
JUNGLISTluder said:
i just thought it would be tight to have an AWD prelude, because nobody else has one. It may not improve straight line acceleration, but it would deffenitally improve the handling. It was just something i've been thinking about......
hell yeah it would definitely be tight...let us know how it is if you do it ;)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
hmm.... you would have to take out a ton of floor pan and trunk to get the rear subframe and driveshafts to all fit...

then you have to figure out where you are going to run your exh, cuz the driveshaft will run in that spot now... try getting the exh through the rear suspension. that should be enough to stop you...

if you do it, you'll add like 300lbs, and you have to have the right trans, b/c you need the whole tranny/transfer case setup... so will that bolt to your motor? will it all fit under your car?

if thats the case, why not get an eclipse drivetrain, minus motor, and make trans bolt up... or the same with a subaru drivetrain...

i would estimate 6-7k for the swap if you get it to work...

i would love to see it though... it'd be hella tite...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.