Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
you mentioned you have to pay $30 a month for nav and other crap??? explain more. i thought the iPhone used google maps, which is free.
It uses google maps through the 3g connection, I don't like paying for a data plan, and to use data on the iphone it's $30 a month. Tomtom doesn't use any data(unless you want realtime traffic).

Att tilt is HTC(AKA Kaiser, TyTn II), The previous gen was the 8525(AKA HTC Hermes, TyTn), and the one before that was 8125 (AKA HTC Wizard). The current one is the Fuze(AKA HTC Raphael, Touch Pro). The only differences between the Fuze and the Diamond that I have is mine has no keyboard making it thinner and the Fuze has more onboard memory. It's hard to find the one I have though, I got mine in Taiwan. Sprint has the CDMA version of my phone, but mine is quad band GSM, the same as the Fuze.

Fuze 102 mm (L) X 51 mm (W) X 18.05 mm (T) 640 x 480 screen
Diamond 102 mm (L) X 51 mm (W) X 11.35 mm (T) 640 x 480 screen
Iphone 115.5 mm (L) X 62.1 mm (W) X 12.3mm (T) 480 x 320 screen

Iphone has a bigger screen but lower resolution, and the iphone is bigger than mine in every aspect.

the Diamond is almost half as thin as the Fuze, which is why I got it, perfect for a pocket :)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
What about the custom rom? and the apps you have, any of them unique, like worth getting?

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It uses google maps through the 3g connection, I don't like paying for a data plan, and to use data on the iphone it's $30 a month. Tomtom doesn't use any data(unless you want realtime traffic).

Att tilt is HTC(AKA Kaiser, TyTn II), The previous gen was the 8525(AKA HTC Hermes, TyTn), and the one before that was 8125 (AKA HTC Wizard). The current one is the Fuze(AKA HTC Raphael, Touch Pro). The only differences between the Fuze and the Diamond that I have is mine has no keyboard making it thinner and the Fuze has more onboard memory. It's hard to find the one I have though, I got mine in Taiwan. Sprint has the CDMA version of my phone, but mine is quad band GSM, the same as the Fuze.

Fuze 102 mm (L) X 51 mm (W) X 18.05 mm (T) 640 x 480 screen
Diamond 102 mm (L) X 51 mm (W) X 11.35 mm (T) 640 x 480 screen
Iphone 115.5 mm (L) X 62.1 mm (W) X 12.3mm (T) 480 x 320 screen

Iphone has a bigger screen but lower resolution, and the iphone is bigger than mine in every aspect.

the Diamond is almost half as thin as the Fuze, which is why I got it, perfect for a pocket :)
werd. my only problem is the fact that i have heard the fuze haz a crap processor speed and runs a bit slow. so when you click on a button it takes a few seconds for it to come up, and looking at pics its takes forever to scroll through them.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
just checked out the fuze.

shits slow, and its to small for all the buttons it has. it is a nice size though. but there was to many buttons and the layout was confusing. and did i mention it was slow?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
What about the custom rom? and the apps you have, any of them unique, like worth getting?
I use a ROM from a guy named Duttythroy, he's made a bloatware free rom for every HTC phone I've had. They boot faster, run faster, have much more free memory. He's good enough that people donate phones to him to get him to cook a ROM for it. This is the one I'm using on my Diamond [ROM Jan 07 WWE] Duttys 5.2.20764.1.4.3 [2.03][Changelog & Userguide Post 2] [Online] - xda-developers .

As far as apps, I have a 16gig card in and only 20% free, WAY too many to list. Just poke around and find what you like and is useful to you. Phones are like cars to me, what's right for one person might not be right for another.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
16g. Wow, i only got a 2g one. I was just asking about the apps becuase unlike the g1 theres not many free ones that i have found. Maybe im just looking in the wrong spot...

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I've been through my list of HTC phones from the 8125 8525 and the tilt and no matter how good the phone is, windows mobile just sucks. Even with the custom cooked roms, it still isn't all that great. The only reason i stuck with HTC was because i could put my mp3s and movies inside my sd card and play it, that's it.

I moved to an iphone 1st gen and i'm never going back to another windows mobile phone ever again. The only os that is worst then windows mobile that i've tried is the Symbian OS, that OS is utter crap. That and maybe the old palm os on older palm smart phones.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts