Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
caliboy23 said:
High 13's LOL. Yeah right. Low 11's is more like it.
yup

this is like the k20A of the chevy world.

they FINALY did a motor up right like honda has been doing for years. great job by chevy on that car.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I'd do it in the butt... :ninja

~Peace

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
gsrboy171 said:
listen carefully. plus its fully worked on the head so it can take it.
Listen carefully....
I OWN THE SAME FUCKING CAR. How about you don't even try to pretend like I don't know what I'm talking about, what with your vast experience on this subject. :rolleyes
NOBODY takes a LS_ (not LS7) to 8000 RPM. NOBODY.
A few crazy fuckers run 7200 routinely (as the biggest cam you can think of will not be useful if spun above here), but you won't find anyone running near 8000.
The engine in that car is probably a Cartek, etc., build, probably 427-441 ci built to the extreme, and probably still not running much over 7k.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Nathan123 said:
Listen carefully....
I OWN THE SAME FUCKING CAR. How about you don't even try to pretend like I don't know what I'm talking about, what with your vast experience on this subject. :rolleyes
NOBODY takes a LS_ (not LS7) to 8000 RPM. NOBODY.
A few crazy fuckers run 7200 routinely (as the biggest cam you can think of will not be useful if spun above here), but you won't find anyone running near 8000.
The engine in that car is probably a Cartek, etc., build, probably 427-441 ci built to the extreme, and probably still not running much over 7k.
okay okay sorry to hit it soft spot!

well you know you suff, click this:http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437306&page=2&pp=20

LOL at pushrods

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nathan123 said:
Not quite...
I'd bet 7k at most.

Nathan, i got much respect for you man but you gotta relax & calm down on this board but actually a average cammed, pulley, full bolt on 2001-2003 ZO6 or 2006 C6 ZO6 can actually rev to 7,600 probably @ max...I work on a lot of Corvettes all day & mustangs, i work part time at a shop mainly building mustang, corvettes, vipers, etc....SILVERstatestangs.com

Its a mustang shop but we work on all sorts of cars there...You should bring down your ZO6 & see the cars we have down here hehe...But in straight line racing, corvette vs mustang, i would think Mustang would definitely come on top but in track racing Corvette will definitely win due to there handling & those cars are handling machines.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But in drifting competition, Vaughn JR. is probably the best domestic drifter in the world driving a badass 2005 or 2006 GT mustang..But when it comes to drifting mustang may overtake due to they can put down way more torque but it all depends on your building set up. If you dont know who Vaughn is & if you watch all the drift competitions better go do some research again on D1 boards.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
gsrboy171 said:
okay okay sorry to hit it soft spot!

well you know you suff, click this:http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437306&page=2&pp=20

LOL at pushrods
MrKevIsMeToSlow said:
Nathan, i got much respect for you man but you gotta relax & calm down on this board
Sorry. Just annoys me when people act like I don't have a clue, ESPECIALLY when owning the car in question.
MrKevIsMeToSlow said:
actually a average cammed, pulley, full bolt on 2001-2003 ZO6 or 2006 C6 ZO6 can actually rev to 7,600 probably @ max...I work on a lot of Corvettes all day & mustangs, i work part time at a shop mainly building mustang, corvettes, vipers, etc....SILVERstatestangs.com
Max obtainable without instantly blowing up and what people run are two different things, man. Nobody would dare take a C5 Z06 engine (that retains ANYTHING stock) to 8000 RPM. There are very few reasons to rev over 7200ish on an LS1/LS6. LS7 is a TOTALLY different motor. Huge valves and a little titanium go a LONG way. Even though the displacement is way bigger, people are taking that engine higher than the LS1/LS6. It's just better. No one (outside of $30k+ total engine builds) will be safely exceeding ~15% over stock rev limits on either engine, though. And there's just no need to, either.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yea that sounded real good. My dad has had about twenty five or so diff corvettes and bout five or six of the Z06s, and he always puts a loud ass exhaust like that on them. He has the C6 Z06 right now, and hes talking about getting that speacial edition one that GM is not even confirming yet. I think its going under the "Blue Devil" project. Word is its going to be supercharged, a lot of carbon fiber body panels and a much more aggressive design, more like the C6R LeMans race car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.