Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any differences between the Dx and the Si CV axles? I want to switch to Dx tranny but not sure if axles are the same....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
if your putting a DX tranny in your civic si my question is why? but they do interchange........unfortunately.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drive about 250 miles a day, I would rather gain some gas milage than worry about my acceleration time. Was'nt sure about the swap since the Dx and Si part numbers for the axles were different.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That's a lot of driving sounds like me. My commute is 198 miles one way. Luckly I stay where I work and don't go back home till the end of the week. Even though the place where i stay is still 30+ miles form work and it depends which roads I take as to how long it is and how far it is.

The DX axles should fit in the Si tranny or vise versa I am confused now. But they should interchange. If they don't tell me so I'll know for future reference. Actually now that I thinlk about it I know a guy who put a Si tranny in a DX and nothing else was changed so yes it will work. Peace!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Skid, unfortunately my wife's car got totalled so I had to get her a new one. So now no cash to replace my tranny, oh well who needs second gear anyway.....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
hehe second gear is just for show anyways. fourth gera is where it goes down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts