Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my axle boots have been torn for quite a while i think, i'm not so sure when, but i know that they are clicking on me. question is, should i get a rebuilt one for about $120, or should i get a new one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would recommend raxles.com. They suuply the full assembly, shaft and both inner and outer CV joints for alittle over $100. Good quality and service

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Sounds like your Constant Velocity joints have been compromised.

Since they are already "clicking" then they are done or will be soon and NEED to be changed. I have actually seen the bearings finally give out and the axle just fall apart and the wheel off. This is not good and I saw it on the highway on an older Accord.

I also suggest NOT getting rebuilt axles since you have NO idea how they were rebuilt and or the quality of rebuild product of craftsmanship involved. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Rebuilding your own is not neccessary when you can purchase a new aftermarket one for less than a new OEM and rebuilding yourself would cost probably the same or more of your time and materials.

I vote for new aftermarket ones.

Good luck,

A, who just did boots a couple of weeks ago. Not fun but, hey the car is virtually new and I found the pinhole before it got out of hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts