Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally had my b&m with a mugen shift knob and it was an improvement over the "row boat" factory shifter. Then I switched the mugen knob for the new razo 480 gram shift knob. I love the way the B&M shifter feels now, very smooth and easy to shift with the razo. A good combo.

:bh UPDATE!
the razo shift knob has started to make a vibrating metalic noise. It is really annoying. I tried to tighten more, but nothing seems to work. Maybe it was designed wrong. In any case, I switched back to the mugen shift knob and the noise is gone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a B&M short throw shifter too, and am relatively happy with it.
it's my first stick since i swapped over to 5sp so i have no real frame of reference here...i gotta say though that the 1-2 shift can be pretty notchy at times

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Try swapping out your tranny fluid with some Redline MTF. After a couple of days of driving with that stuff in there, the shifting movement should feel a little smoother, but firmer.

10 bucks or so a quart, you'll need 2. But being that it is a quality synthetic, that'll last you 10,000 miles and then some.

·
Registered
910 Posts
redline is too thin for my taste... like pouring water into it, i like some feedback and resistance in my shifts, plus that stuff was just too thin for me to trust. cant beat honda mtf

·
Registered
4 Posts
whats going on every one???

well i have a b&m to with the ball baring in it i love it and it works with my driving style. the reason on why i got that one was cause i was going through that plastic peece that gos around the shifter ball and when that brakes the shifter would move up and down.

by the way i used to have a neuspeed shifter not a bad shifter at all!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
thinking of getting a short shifter...?

what the other guy said, my stick does move up and down now guess the plastic around the ball broke.. :( wells this sucks.. does anyone know how I can fix this problem??? and maybe later in time I'll get a short shifter from dc, skunk 2 or what so ever is good out there.. and about the fluids people tell me that honda recommends motor oil in it 10x30 is this true?

·
Registered
7 Posts
B&M short shifter

I just bought a b&m short shifter and it says to put 2 bushings on the right side of the joint collar and 1 bushing on the left. It says if you want a race oriented shift pattern then reverse the bushing placement. Im not exactly sure what they mean by this. Also would i be able to install this shifter with a jack and jack stands?Or do you have to have a hoist? Thanks to anyone who can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts