Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo...

Looking for some fresh thoughts on the B&M shifters available for my car.

I found a few older topics, but nothing from people I trust. Oh, and this is also lovely:

"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: B&M"

Anywho, my birthday is coming up, and my buddies wanted an idea, and since they won't buy me a GT30, I thought of a shifter:

p/n 45047 - $51.94

p/n 45074 - $152.85

p/n 45075 - $51.94

So, any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Thanks,

-Your friendly neighborhood mod.

· Registered
153 Posts
i've been using the duel bend version for almost two years and i must say that it feels and looks awesome. been through plenty of slamming gears and still feel sturdy as ever. plus B&M short shifters has awesome reviews :)

· Registered
2,806 Posts
i've been using the duel bend version for almost two years and i must say that it feels and looks awesome. been through plenty of slamming gears and still feel sturdy as ever.
Same here but for about 4 years now. I have the super hard plastic mounts for it to. Got them on eBay from a guy, harder than Urethane. These are as close as you can get to metal and still be plastic. The feel great and shift quite smooth.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I think I read a post of yours in the product review forum for the B&M shifter. Thanks. It's looking like people like the dual bend piece the most as it brings it closer to the driver. Although a good number of people also like the straight short one as long as they aren't too tall of a driver.

· Registered
41 Posts
Dual bend with poly bushings here, love it. I've got it in an EL, but I'll be using it with my B20 swap as well. I find I still have to reach forward slightly, even with the dual bend, so I would not want the straight design as it would only be worse.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, thanks for that tidbit, I really don't want to be reaching forward much more. I thought maybe the longer looking straight one would be better in that respect, but it's looking like the dual bend is the way to go.

· Registered
34,361 Posts
Where did your hand rest on the shifter as compared to stock?
just slightly forward i think. not far enough where it was a reach, but it wasnt exactly the same. maybe half an inch, inch tops. but its been many years since i had that car. i know a few people locally that all run the same shifter and love it too

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good deal, thanks.

I just test drove a new Civic Si, and while it might be a fair bit slower than my car, the drivetrain is incredible. Shifting and clutching....just an absolute joy to dick around with. It's also nice that each WOT shift lands you right in VTEC...cuz it's a chore to wait around until the car hits 6500ish lol.

· Registered
2,307 Posts
i run one, thats all you need for input.

· Registered
2,307 Posts
lightningmotorsports.com carries them for cheaper btw.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
lightningmotorsports.com carries them for cheaper btw.
damn you, another website for me to waste money on.:D I need a shorty anyways for my upcoming swap. thanks for the website

· Registered
1,221 Posts
i was using the b&m on one of my older civics and i loved it (dual bend)

but i also used a skunk2 on one of my egs and i loved it sooo much more. it felt alot better than my b&m. then again the skunk2 had ES shifter bushings and was in a new car... soooo that could be a bias opinion.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea I'll have to take a quick glance at the Skunk2.

And good to know Derek, I also use lightningmotorsports for their good prices. 'horsepowerfreaks.com' is the other site I use when I can't find what I want on eBay...they seem to have the best shipping prices...I bought my cams from them, and came out way ahead compared to buying them from BC or eBay.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.