Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the dual runner/butterfly mechanics work in the B-series intakes? Is it in the TB or the IM? I have no idea, just going over some things in my head and some info or direction to the right place would be nice.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
decev said:
How does the dual runner/butterfly mechanics work in the B-series intakes? Is it in the TB or the IM? I have no idea, just going over some things in my head and some info or direction to the right place would be nice.

There's only one intake i believe that has what your talking about,and its a GS-R manifold..
The dual runners allowing for that great low end torque that everyone loves while conserving the gasmileage..the bufferflies open up at a higher rpm,around 5700 to ultrize the top end power of the car without sacrificing the low end.. it allows for both runners to become one allowing more air flow at the top end of the rpm band..its a intakemanifold..your Throttle body wont have any dual anything..

your probably wondering if you should swap it out..well..there's two things u can do..
A) get a skunk2 intake manifold, which is a single stage runner intake..and will make the best of both worlds and allow for some better mid range, with a good tune..

B) alot of people lately tight on money, are discovering..a port/polished gsr manifold with the butterflies removed and welded back together can also make just as much sick power as the skunk2..its a weird design but it works..specially on a turboed car.. my two cents..

maybe someone could chime in and give alittle bit more detail on option B, i'm at work and aint allowed to be typing like i am now :) ;)

Reactions: decev
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.