Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read somewhere that dropping a b-series motor in a '92-'95 civic will require the removal of the A/C unit? they said it hits the wheel well or something? they said you can relocate it but its a pain...

is this true or are they just trying to talk me out of a b-series swap? :D

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
you can still have ac with a b series swap in a civic.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
What do you neeed?

I have a b16a3 in my 93 coupe....the A/C is hooked up as far as I can tell but nothing happens when I press the A/C button.

·
Registered
15 Posts
like stated before, the del-sol hardware is all thats required to mount up an AC compressor to your B series swap.

I adapted an Integra AC compressor and bracket to mine, but it required making some spacers to place between the ac / torque mount bracket and the block to line up the bracket with the torque mount on the body.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
I just ordered a b16a2 and it will be getting swapped into my del sol, will I need to get anything to keep my ac? at first I was going to swap in an LS motor at a local motor dealer but they told me that I would have to pay an extra 125 for some ac kit that would enable me to keep my ac, but I'm getting a friend to swap the b16 in for me and he didn't say anything about me having to lose my ac...I need it! so please tell me what I have to get to keep it...please and thanks...

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
all the del sols are vtec ;)

more specifically, a b16 del sol

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
all the del sols are vtec ;)

more specifically, a b16 del sol
no they aren't...the del sol s is a non vtec and comes with a crappy d15 I believe...only the del sol si and the del sol vtec came with vtec motors...anyways, I need an ac bracket off the del sol vtec (the ones that came with the b16a3)? or just one off any vtec sol? bc my del sol is an si, it came with a d16z6 which is a singel cam vtec motor...I wanted to get this all clarified before my motor gets here and I am stuck swapping it in and not having my ac...I hate driving in the rain as it is bc the windows fog up and ish...I need to get it recharged...anyways, any info will greatly be appreciated...thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes the bracket off the B16A3. Typically when you call Honda the DOHC Del Sol is called the Del Sol Vtec in the manuals.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
just out of curiosity, would you happen to know how much the bracket would cost? if not that's cool...I will call around tomorrow and see what I can find...I appreciate the info...

·
Registered
123 Posts
gurusan said:
What do you neeed?

I have a b16a3 in my 93 coupe....the A/C is hooked up as far as I can tell but nothing happens when I press the A/C button.
hey man, what car is the a3 out of? just curious, you don't hear that very often.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't hasport make an a/c retention mount for use with b16 swaps? it's probably expensive as hell though - just a suggestion

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
everything hasport makes is expensive as hell, but great quality, which more than compensates for the price, but i just checked out their website, and it didn't show an a/c mount for the del sol, you'd have to call and ask, i'm sure they make one though... hell, they make damn near everything for a honda swap

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
jeanius93 said:
hey man, what car is the a3 out of? just curious, you don't hear that very often.
it should be out of a del sol...IISaiNtII and terry.ho, thanks for the info...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 5th gen Civic (92-95) is an EH33 - USDM(US and Canada). The exact same car is an EG6 - JDM (Japan). The major difference is RHD (Right Hand Drive) vs LHD (Left Hand Drive). That's why the JDM wiring harness won't work. It's cut for the wrong side.

Both cars came with optional A/C. It will fit. It will be tight, but it will fit.

Don't let them BS you.

CHEERS !!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Why you want a/c??? Thats not fun. Get rid of power steering too. :byye More power = more fun!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
roasting to death for the sake of 2hp is lots of fun too I'm sure.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts