Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waz Up?
I want to build my second car(keeping the prelude a daily driver) but dont know on to build, first i want to build an 94 LS/VTec turbo but heard to many problem......So know im thinking about a 92-95 EG HB with an B16a sir turbo build up. The thing is i want to build an 11's street car or 12's street car. I was doing some research on B16 and i can't find any EG HB to be running 11's or low 12's turbo. I was wondering if its even possible to run that low with a B16. If its possible what set-up Im looking at? I know i would have to built the motor, but would have to spray and boost to hit that low times. I'm new to the B-series motor so i need a lil bit of help if Im think the wrong way.

·
Registered
707 Posts
My buddy is running mid 12's N/A in a 92 hatch with the B16. I'm sure its possible to run ATLEAST low 12's with F/I. I dont know much about setting up a turbo application, but I do know that everything on the lower end of the block must be replaced if your going F/I and you want those numbers(11's, 12's). Ofcourse the top end should be built-up also, but Hondas have a notoriously weak bottom end thats not made for turbo app's from the factory. You would probably be looking at a "hybrid" type of turbo kit, too. I dont think that the "pre-made" kits you can buy from your local shop(ex: Greddy kit) would produce those numbers.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
i got a friend with a crx with b16 head and b20 block and was ran a 12.3....now he's getting an hks turbo and should be running low 11's....hella fast car....i got a built b18c1 in my eg, should be running 12's, daily driven

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you think i would have to go with a custom turbo kit?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Actually, I take it back. There are turbo kits out there that should give you those numbers. Whats going to matter more is how well you build the motor itself(valvetrain, pistons, rods, block preperation). The higher the boost level, the better the block and head need to be built. Especially the block, its internals are WAY to weak for anything over like 9-10 psi. For a streetable car, your looking at 6-7psi w/o building the motor. If you want those numbers, your gonna need 10-12psi atleast. How dependable do you want the car? You can run a lower boost level with higher compression or a lower compression with higher boost level, but you still need a strong block and internals.

·
Registered
678 Posts
ive seen many b16 powered hatches running 12's ....see them all the time at the track...with the proper build and say a fmax or greddy turbo with 11-13 ilbs of boost mid 11's is obtainable

·
Registered
114 Posts
RoliPoliAzn said:
i got a friend with a crx with b16 head and b20 block and was ran a 12.3....now he's getting an hks turbo and should be running low 11's....hella fast car....i got a built b18c1 in my eg, should be running 12's, daily driven
CR-Vtec :D
Thats what i wanna do. got any specs on what internals and all that other good stuff he's running ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts