Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a race shop here in vegas and he said the prices of a B16 are going up. He said this was due to the lack of availability of the engines from Japan. I was told it would be about 4g's to have one put in turn key. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
111 Posts
no i can get one for like 1500 and have it put in for like 800 here in georgia but that is where i live anyway just a little bit of info

·
Registered
140 Posts
Id say that 4g's is more than just supply and fit the basic engine....or least i wud think it shud be...like upfrading of certain parts such as clutch, drivetrain, CV's maybe...not an expert now, but i dont think a conversion for 2300(1500+800) is gona be a proper job-sure the engine is in and working but theres more to it than that.

Bren

·
Registered
111 Posts
well i know the guy real good putting it in so i wouldn't be worried about that but it is always hard to find a good engine like that b/c u have no idea what it has been through
i would personally just go with the b16 outa the 95 del sol b/c i would probably trust it more than a jap engine but that is me but just food for the brain

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
You can still get a B16a2 for about $2350 on hondamotorsonline.com Install should take about 12 hours and MOST people charge $60-75/hour which equals $720-900. So install plus cost of motor should only cost $3070-3250. So either the shop isnt getting B16's at a good price, charge a lot for labor or are just trying to rip you off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.