Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I talked to JDMHONDAPARTS.Com and the motor I'm getting was from a Del Sol in Japan so he says I shouldn't need the American Del Sol shift linkage.

Now the questions:

1. Is that all I need?

2. Will my exhaust line up? How about the piping size? I have 2.25" Piping already. Will I have to modify it to fit?

3. What about my gauges? Will my odometer, speedometer, tachometer, and all that good stuff still be accurate???

4. When I buy parts now for the B16 since it's a J-Spec motor and it has a difference compression ratio etc. will I have to buy JDM parts or can I buy American?

Thanks
Corey

· Registered
67 Posts
CoreyTipton said:
1. Is that all I need?

2. Will my exhaust line up? How about the piping size? I have 2.25" Piping already. Will I have to modify it to fit?

3. What about my gauges? Will my odometer, speedometer, tachometer, and all that good stuff still be accurate???

4. When I buy parts now for the B16 since it's a J-Spec motor and it has a difference compression ratio etc. will I have to buy JDM parts or can I buy American?

1. No - you still need an ECU, the p30 that came with the swap is no good. You need either an ECU off of a Del Sol VTEC (good luck), Skunk2 P28 or a programable ECU like Hondata or the new AEM.

2. Yup exhaust is cool

3. Should be, just remember that your redline is now higher and you've got more top speed.

4. Dude... a B16 is a B16, however you could go with JDM stuff just for the cool factor. :D

· Registered
67 Posts
Re: Re: Re: B16/SirII Swap

Pokemink said:

I'm not doubting you Bugz, but can you be a bit more specific? There must be some differences. Cams? Compression?
Hey mink! long time man

anyway, it really doesn't matter - ever hear about people having trouble throwing ITR cams in their B16? Parts is parts.

· Registered
67 Posts
CoreyTipton said:
I thought that I could use the ECU that's coming with the swap because it's from a JDM Del Sol right? Just wondering.
Corey
I never heard the real answer as to why but evey hybrid site that I've read or emailed told me not to use the P30 on a US car. I think it has to do with the extra O2 sensor or other emissions crap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.