Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering I am sure someone on here has done a b16a2 swap in a 99-00 ex....I was wondering I bought an avid racing shift linkage and installed it...only thing is now its hitting the O2 sensor on the stock cat...I pretty much want to keep the exhaust stock so do any of you have any recommendations or what have you guys done in the past to deal with the problem....I thought about flipping the cat over and extending the wires....but I really don't want to do that because of the fact that if something hits it while driving down the road....any help would be appreciated....oh and just for reference its the stationairy arm

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Not sure....be creative.....?

Why do you want to keep stock exhaust?

You could get a high flow OBD-1 cat converter and then weld an o2 bung in the appropriate place. Get that and a catback and you'll gain a few ponies and the top end will really scream.

Do it do it! b16s weren't meant to be stock! they are just sayin "mod me mod me mod me damnit!" listen to your b16!

·
Registered
10 Posts
cost me $15 to get an O2 bung put one my header for my wideband. Take it to a shop, they might be able to move it to the side.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
just have you O2 relocated,it'll only cost like $10 to $15

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Not sure why you needed an Avid linkage setup for a car that has stock linkage easily available. Typically the aftermarket linkages are for 4g Civics that didn't have a B-series ever in the chassis.

You know you can get brand new Si linkages from a dealer for $75, hope Avid ones didn't run you much more than that, especially since they don't fit right...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats just what I ordered before I knew everything....I am thinking maybe I can just heat it up and bend it and it won't be a big deal....I think it should bend enough to get it to clear or find an O2 sensor that isn't as tall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts