Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what exactly do i need to do a b16 swap into my 91 rex dx, i need to know everything and also where i can get it, there are very few resources for this stuff where i'm from so all the help you could give would help, and do i need to look for parts for the car the engine is out of? also will like an AEM cai fit right and everything. thank you very much everyone.

· Banned
1,529 Posts
CarbonRex said:
...there are very few resources for this stuff where i'm from so all the help you could give would help...
where are you from? this is the internet, endless resources! but this is the right place... there are tons of B16 swaps here.

just a few things you'll need:

engine swap mount kit - HAsport has great Ideas hasport.com (they can also help with wiring)
the engine? hmm.. JDM1 has good prices on JDM B16 SiRs.. and other stuffs (other places guys?)
HAsport and JDM1 both offer axles for the applications. You'll need some custom exhaust most likely, I wouldn't recomend keeping the CRX's little bitty exhaust.
some free time? or a shop...

· Registered
132 Posts
Well here things a little easier!! I have a 91 Si that has had an LS and now is getting a fully built B16 the Ls was just not enough. Yes your CAI will bolt right back in.

89 teg axels, PR3 or PWO ECU, motor & cable tranny DUH! 91-93 teg throttle and clutch cable, a mount kit makes life really easy, any one is fine I used the HCP worked just has good as the HASport and was cheaper! One thing that doesn't come with the kit and not usally with your motor that you will need is the back tranny mount braket it's kinda L shaped and also needs to come from a 91-93 teg. shortin 91-93 teg shift linkage, or buy adjustable unless you know where to get real SiR linkage. 91-93 upper and lower radiator and heatercor hoeses.

In case you don't allreaddy know you'll need to beat in the side of your frame where the alltinater is located about an inch or so deep, this well make clearence for the B16 alltinater, also on your rear crossmember where the back L bracket mount goes, you need to cut off the front ledge of the member or beat it down also! This makes clearance for the tranny mount braket. I think that's about it, I'll let you know if I think of anything else!

Hey I'm from Cincy I can meet up with ya if you need some pointers! The motor is out of my car now if you need reference! I can send you pics or what ever just email me!

· Registered
132 Posts
90-93 axels????????? I don't about those! if some one that has done the swap said use those then fine, but 89 teg were the ones that I used and I didn't have to change any thing about them! Good luck to you!

· Registered
2,120 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Ok i live in indiana, same situation, the hasport mounts are awesome, lifetime warranty and look great, wiring is a bitch, im ordering mine through hasport, replace gaskets and water pump and timing belt, all are from a 95 delsol vtec dohc, axles, if u use the intermediate shaft off of the 90-93 integra u can use those axles to, clutch from a del sol is suppsoed to work, not sure dont have it in yet, i am also useing a zydene ecu since mine didnt come with one, my motor is out of a integra xsi, b16 wiht the 1 million series on the motor, the tranny i think is a s1, my motor had everything attached i ordered it from a buddy, that is close, he might be able to get u some what of a deal if u want to get ahold of him, and hes closer than the west cost, the cost was 1350 shipped, including price of the ecu,tranny motor,intermediate shaft and some other shit, u will also need a resitor box out of your year rex, oh and on the intake use the one for your car, so it fits yoru frame, it should bolt up to the intake manifold, also be ready to get a new tps, and while your at it take your starter and alt and get it tested thats what i did, new plugs wires and rotor cap along wiht rotor are a good idea, the integra rotor cap of 91 fits, if u have any other questions e mail me at [email protected]

· Registered
321 Posts
I have done a large number of swaps, and used the 90-93 axles, for further information regarding this issue check out http://www.hasport.com.

The clutch from a Del Sol will not work on a first gen B16, unless you have a YS1 transmission. Assuming you don't have this trans, you will need the clutch from a 90-91 integra LS, RS, whatever, just not 92-3 GSR. Again, for further information regarding parts refer to http://www.hasport.com.

· Registered
798 Posts
www.phatwhippinCRX.20m.com

Engine Swapping for boneheads....... haha

90-93 Axles, Intermediate Shaft
90 Integra Clutch

Wiring is easy as hell....... shit the whole swap is easy as fuck, the only thing that is slightly a pain is the vacuum lines......

· Registered
288 Posts
Sq91_Si said:
One thing that doesn't come with the kit and not usally with your motor that you will need is the back tranny mount braket it's kinda L shaped and also needs to come from a 91-93 teg.
Hey......do I have to go to the Acura dealer to pick this up or is it something that can be picked up at like Autozone??? Thanks.

· Registered
78 Posts
But if he gets the B16a1 (SiR 1) full change over can't he use all the parts that come with the engine package, including the mounts....i don't know tho', i just figured u can because the engine came straight from the same kind of cars (88-91 civic/CRX).......:confused: :confused: :confused:

· Registered
1,389 Posts
GravisESRB said:
But if he gets the B16a1 (SiR 1) full change over can't he use all the parts that come with the engine package, including the mounts....i don't know tho', i just figured u can because the engine came straight from the same kind of cars (88-91 civic/CRX).......:confused: :confused: :confused:
no the sir had diff mounting points whitch is y hasport sells mounts

· Registered
2,120 Posts
you could use the stock mounts but they have to be welded....and this can hardly ever be done perfectly which is why there are mount kits out there.

· Registered
288 Posts
Hey guys, I have a pick of what I think the bracket might be. It's a pic taken straight from my engine in the garage. I just want to know if its it, but CRX-RX and Sq91_Si, the only two who seemed like they knew what it was, emails are blocked. Someone tell me if it is the tranny bracket thing if I email it to them??? TIA.

Nick

· Registered
1,389 Posts
its a braket that attatched to the firewall basically u need to get one off of a 90-93 teg that simple u have a mount on ur tranny and the mount conects to teh braket. take a look down behind ur tranny 3 bolts on it

· Registered
1,428 Posts
Place Racing Sells axles for 170 each...they are modified honda axles to fit your application....i need to get me sum new axles.......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.