Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is b16 turbo worth the money? Ive looked at ls, b20, b20vtec, and h22 for my 94 eg hatch, but i cant decide wats the best...i know that ls and b20 have weak bottom ends so i want to go w\ a vtec bottom end, but gsr is too much a b16 is torqueless...would it be worth it to stroke and bore the b16 for a 1.9 liter....itll cost me roughly 1700????????experts please reply

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Undrarmrbige said:
is b16 turbo worth the money? Ive looked at ls, b20, b20vtec, and h22 for my 94 eg hatch, but i cant decide wats the best...i know that ls and b20 have weak bottom ends so i want to go w\ a vtec bottom end, but gsr is too much a b16 is torqueless...would it be worth it to stroke and bore the b16 for a 1.9 liter....itll cost me roughly 1700????????experts please reply
The LS bottom end is one of the most turbo-suited honda motors. It's very strong and the compression ratio is great.

Personally I wouldn't bore and stroke a b16...the short stroke is its strength.

It depends what your goals are....what are you going to be doing? Daily driver? autocross? drag?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Undrarmrbige said:

yes it worth it if u have your settings tuned properly enjoy :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts