7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only got a weapon r intake and a apexi n1 exaust
with 50 shot nos will this meess up my car

I have a 99 civic si

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lets say i already have a jrsc, or any sc for that matter, installed in my car. K, so I already went 1 or 2 ranges cooler on the plug. So lets say now i want to run nos, will i then need to go and ADDITIONAL 1 range cooler on the plug?!?
thanx

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
I have a b16 in my hatch and im running 50 shot on it..the spark plugs you wanna use are NGK BCPR7ES-11 . Retard your ignition timing a couple degrees and you will be cool..Also, invest in a fuel pressure regulator and push the pressure to around 46 psi. This will prevent it running lean..Lastly, dont use the wide open thottle micro switch that comes with NOS kits, if you miss a shift you will go wide open and spray at 8000 rpm. Go to a manual button near your shifter.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
never tried it, but im guessing you have..the only thing is that with the rev limiter and spraying you get a lean condition and then comes detonation, and BOOM!!! Correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
VTECsqznN2O said:
I have a b16 in my hatch and im running 50 shot on it..the spark plugs you wanna use are NGK BCPR7ES-11 . Retard your ignition timing a couple degrees and you will be cool..Also, invest in a fuel pressure regulator and push the pressure to around 46 psi. This will prevent it running lean..Lastly, dont use the wide open thottle micro switch that comes with NOS kits, if you miss a shift you will go wide open and spray at 8000 rpm. Go to a manual button near your shifter.
well if u miss shift as long as u dont have ur foot on full trottle its should be safe. just be more careful. button and trottle button is just a preference thing. depends on wat people like.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
but on the majority of missed shifts, especially when your trying to move as quick as you can at the track, you go full throttle. But I like my button better because I can control it a lot more. I can get off the button at any point and still stay full throttle without looking for a switch to turn the system off..btu like you said..its a preference thing...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.