Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have been doing some searching and I am trying to find some parts for a JDM B16A (YEAR? MAKE? MODEL?). As some of you might know I work for Advance Autoparts and every once and a while I get someone who is looking for a starter, alternator or like today a water pump.

Our parts look up doesn't list such a creature. I am wondering if there is a list somewhere that I can print out of what can be swaped from US motors to JDM motors, something like what years US motor parts will work on JDM Motors?

My team will do everything they can think of to get the right part, but some times we don't even know where to start looking.
What makes it worse some of the people will swap the motor and never think about "Where am I gonna get a starter for this thing!" and then we get "Those dumbasses at Advance don't know shit!"

I have a binder that I have been compiling some weird hard to find stuf over the last five years and I need to add some pages of US JDM crossovers.

Help a fellow Honda enthueist(sp) out please.

Thom

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
SiNergy said:
Hey guys
I have been doing some searching and I am trying to find some parts for a JDM B16A (YEAR? MAKE? MODEL?). As some of you might know I work for Advance Autoparts and every once and a while I get someone who is looking for a starter, alternator or like today a water pump.

Our parts look up doesn't list such a creature. I am wondering if there is a list somewhere that I can print out of what can be swaped from US motors to JDM motors, something like what years US motor parts will work on JDM Motors?

My team will do everything they can think of to get the right part, but some times we don't even know where to start looking.
What makes it worse some of the people will swap the motor and never think about "Where am I gonna get a starter for this thing!" and then we get "Those dumbasses at Advance don't know shit!"

I have a binder that I have been compiling some weird hard to find stuf over the last five years and I need to add some pages of US JDM crossovers.

Help a fellow Honda enthueist(sp) out please.

Thom
does the b16 del sol water pump fit? if its leaking pull it out and see if any of the dumb fucks at the parts counter could match it up

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asianpride559 said:
does the b16 del sol water pump fit? if its leaking pull it out and see if any of the dumb fucks at the parts counter could match it up
Now this is what I am talking about. We are not dumb fucks! It was a telephone call. Hence we cannot tell if it is the right part we are looking at. With the APAL system we can pull up pictures and try to describe it to the customer over the phone.

WILLTHE the H2O pump out of a del sol (B16A3) match a JDM B16A? I don't know thats why I am here. I am looking for some info, a link to a site where I can get more accurate info. A parts list, something, anything.

Asainpride your not helping me out here by calling US "dumb fucks" at the parts counter. I want to help out the guy who just dropped 4g's+ into his car and now he needs some support finding (what we think is common knowledge ) simple stuff.

Thom

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
SiNergy said:
Now this is what I am talking about. We are not dumb fucks! It was a telephone call. Hence we cannot tell if it is the right part we are looking at. With the APAL system we can pull up pictures and try to describe it to the customer over the phone.

WILLTHE the H2O pump out of a del sol (B16A3) match a JDM B16A? I don't know thats why I am here. I am looking for some info, a link to a site where I can get more accurate info. A parts list, something, anything.

Asainpride your not helping me out here by calling US "dumb fucks" at the parts counter. I want to help out the guy who just dropped 4g's+ into his car and now he needs some support finding (what we think is common knowledge ) simple stuff.

Thom
i dont knoe im just saying over the phone the parts guysi wasnt refering to u.im refering to the ones i deal with gave me the impression that most are.

im sorry if i offended u in any way.i just cant stand parts guy most of time who think they are mechanics and can fix cars.im sorry i didnt mean to offend u in anyway.

but yea a good way is to cross match it by engine. try looking up in ur database with similiar engines such as the b16s from delsol and 99-00 civic si

of tell the guy to bring his shot over and have u match it up.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
asianpride559 said:
i dont knoe im just saying over the phone the parts guysi wasnt refering to u.im refering to the ones i deal with gave me the impression that most are.

im sorry if i offended u in any way.i just cant stand parts guy most of time who think they are mechanics and can fix cars.im sorry i didnt mean to offend u in anyway.

but yea a good way is to cross match it by engine. try looking up in ur database with similiar engines such as the b16s from delsol and 99-00 civic si

of tell the guy to bring his shot over and have u match it up.
It's OK. I tell people all the the time, I am an ASE parts specilist not an ASE mechanic :) and everyone should know the difference between Mechanics and parts installers (but those are the guys whos say "they have been doing it for 20+ years AND they still don't know shit). I know what you are saying but what i am looking for is something I can print out for my guys that gets us closer to lets say will the water pump from a B16a2 will fit a JDM b16 from a BAH BLAh. Know what I am saying?

I have printed out a lot of swap info form superhonda for the kids that come in my store asking ?? about such swaps. I have pointed them to places like Superhonda and HT, club si. But these lists don't tell where the person can get parts when they need them. And they don't help us shleps trying to get the right parts the first time.

Thom

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
SiNergy said:
It's OK. I tell people all the the time, I am an ASE parts specilist not an ASE mechanic :) and everyone should know the difference between Mechanics and parts installers (but those are the guys whos say "they have been doing it for 20+ years AND they still don't know shit). I know what you are saying but what i am looking for is something I can print out for my guys that gets us closer to lets say will the water pump from a B16a2 will fit a JDM b16 from a BAH BLAh. Know what I am saying?

I have printed out a lot of swap info form superhonda for the kids that come in my store asking ?? about such swaps. I have pointed them to places like Superhonda and HT, club si. But these lists don't tell where the person can get parts when they need them. And they don't help us shleps trying to get the right parts the first time.

Thom
yea i see wat ur saying such as a b16 into a crx...me and my friend had a hell of a time finding the right axles.i knoe wat ur saying with the list. my best bet is to take time and write them out as u see. if a kid comes in with a b16 jdm starter and if it matches up to a USDM starter then note it.

i would think that the engines stay pretty close the same. best thing to tell the customers is bring it over and we can match it up.i work for chevron as a auto tech and napa,autozone, and carquest dealers says im fucked up when im bitching at them for sending me the wrong shit.

so my bad if i offend u bro.im sorry bout that

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Holy fuck!!! Can some moderator edit the post made my ricegirl. Thats fucked up.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
asianpride559 said:
yea i see wat ur saying such as a b16 into a crx...me and my friend had a hell of a time finding the right axles.i knoe wat ur saying with the list. my best bet is to take time and write them out as u see. if a kid comes in with a b16 jdm starter and if it matches up to a USDM starter then note it.

i would think that the engines stay pretty close the same. best thing to tell the customers is bring it over and we can match it up.i work for chevron as a auto tech and napa,autozone, and carquest dealers says im fucked up when im bitching at them for sending me the wrong shit.

so my bad if i offend u bro.im sorry bout that
Its cool man. I am hitting the google right now trying to find the 'list'. Ya know it's out there. And if I find I will post it or a link to it. I know I don't post much, I mostly lurk because there is a lot of good info here and I just want to share the knowledge. Look at my post count I have been a member since '02 I read, study, research and absorb.... print and share. :D

BTW are we the only ones in the Si forums tonight? Damn SHO has gottin slow :(
Thom

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
SiNergy said:
Its cool man. I am hitting the google right now trying to find the 'list'. Ya know it's out there. And if I find I will post it or a link to it. I know I don't post much, I mostly lurk because there is a lot of good info here and I just want to share the knowledge. Look at my post count I have been a member since '02 I read, study, research and absorb.... print and share. :D

BTW are we the only ones in the Si forums tonight? Damn SHO has gottin slow :(
Thom
let me knoe man...SI forums always been slow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts