Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im going to buy a 1.4 Si (98) to get low tax and insurance unti l i am older.

But I will be building a B16A Turbo engine in my garage. Please dont say to go with another engine, i like this one

What I want to know is, which B16A Engine is best for this application, but can also fit into the 98 Si? (EK)?

Thankyou
J

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
where are you from?

You can use the b16a2 or b16a3, but if you're not from the US or Canada, it may be hard to find.

If you're from Europe or something, you can use the B16a from the SiR-II ... commonly referred to as the b16 SiR-II. You can also use the b16 out of the VTi. Hell, you can use any b16! Just go to with obd1 or obd2 model, and hydraulic transmision.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
OdiedogCX said:
where are you from?

You can use the b16a2 or b16a3, but if you're not from the US or Canada, it may be hard to find.

If you're from Europe or something, you can use the B16a from the SiR-II ... commonly referred to as the b16 SiR-II. You can also use the b16 out of the VTi. Hell, you can use any b16! Just go to with obd1 or obd2 model, and hydraulic transmision.

should go w/ an obd-2 model for ease of install, being that he is new to this

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
CRXican said:
Yes, so look for the B16A2.

or an SiR-II, since he is saying a 1.4 civic.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
B16A2's are usdm engines...

if you want jdm flava dont get a b16a2.

sir II engines are b16a's
just sir II's

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
89s1 said:
B16A2's are usdm engines...

if you want jdm flava dont get a b16a2.

sir II engines are b16a's
just sir II's
as well as the b16 1st gen.

fuck the "jdm" ...but he's over there anyways, so b16a SiR-II would be best .... more hp then the b16a2, lsd, yummy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts