Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 1994 Honda Civic Si. I need more power, alot. im REALLY hoping to hit close to 200hp. but on a budget. Would i be able to get a b16a head, and put it on my motor in my civic right now..which is a 1.6l SOHC VTEC. b16 and my d16 or whatever it is, is basicly the same block? NO? so...cant i just get a b16 head put it on there..and then now have a DOHC VTEC? sorry, this may be a stupid question. but it needs to be answered for me. so if thats possible, would it be worth it..how much horsepower would i be getting? approximately how much would it cost?

HELP!:confused:

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
11,248 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
on a tight budget, there is no way to make a civic fast. the d and b series are a different block so no b series head will fit. as was said earlier, the d16y8 head won't do anything so why bother. best way to get more power would be a turbo ($2k, approx. 130-140 wheel hp) or a b16/b18 swap ($1.5-5k, around 140-180 wheel hp). if you're on a really tight budget tho, just go with basic weight reduction, it's free. otherwise, i'd go with a b16.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts