Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend plans on swaping a b16a into his 2000 ek9 dx. what has to be done to be able to swap the motor in. also with the stock ek trans hold up with the b16. thanks

·
Registered
758 Posts
A little research will save you alot of head aches, but you can, just need engine mounts for your year car and B series engine, and if i'm right there will be a D series in that ek, so no you can't use the D series trasmission with a B series engine.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
A little research will save you alot of head aches, but you can, just need engine mounts for your year car and B series engine, and if i'm right there will be a D series in that ek, so no you can't use the D series trasmission with a B series engine.
lollololol you wouldn't even have to be worried if you woere mistaken if the guy put his location in his information. If the car is in the US then it doesn't have a B-series in it unless someone put it there in which cause it wouldn't be a swap it would be a replacement.

To the original poster: Really you should use the searchj and do some research this swap has been done a gazillion times and there is no mystery to it. Its pretty straight forward. Engine trans ecu wiring harness possibly some evap control modifications depending on ecu or OBD system axles and a bunch of misc shit that you'll need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts