Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, i m a newbie on this site. anyways i want a advice, that currently i m running a bone Stock B16a in a 810 kg GTti, i am having alot of Weight advantage so my car is quit fast. now i want to enhance the performance by putting, Slight Modification, If u have anything in Mind such Mods which are easy and cheap please Advice me.

Regards

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
umm you have a honda 1.6 liter. no such thing as easy and cheap. weight reduction and ebay intakes the only "cheap" mods you can do on a honda. i recommend getting cams and ecu flash. you'll see more gains from that than you will from i/h/e

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll go for Intake, if i put a FPR on an stock n/a B16a motor will i get some better performance ? In my opinion i'll be getting east and quick Revs. ( correct me if i m wrong, i m not so sure about it )

Regards.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I'll go for Intake, if i put a FPR on an stock n/a B16a motor will i get some better performance ? In my opinion i'll be getting east and quick Revs. ( correct me if i m wrong, i m not so sure about it )

Regards.
no you'll just run rich. the only noticeable performance gain you'll get on that motor n/a is cams and an intake. you won't even really pick up any nice hp from a header or exhaust. exhausts don't do much on hondas and neither do intakes unless it's a k20 or an h22a. you wan't balanced hp not peak numbers. and tuning is the most important. turning up you're fuel pressure on a stock setup is just a waste of money and gas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didn't get you when you said tuning is the most important thing ? by tuning what do you mean ?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i didn't get you when you said tuning is the most important thing ? by tuning what do you mean ?
there is a 2 part equation to going faster. you need better parts in the motor and you need to have the motor tuned to take advantage of those parts. in other words fuel maps, timing, injector pulsewidth etc. it's all done in the ecu. you can't just slap on better parts and expect to pick up power. you can actually make your car run worse than stock if you go really extreme with parts and don't get the car tuned. it's a system to go faster, not just improve one part and leave the others stock. i

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mm i m getting what you are saying bro like if i insert cams then i have to change quit a lot of other things aswell to make them work properly. but the thing i m saying is i dun want to run any such performance part i want to run is Stock, i just want my motor to be efficient. :) BTW is it safe to run timing Advance ? :ninja

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
mm i m getting what you are saying bro like if i insert cams then i have to change quit a lot of other things aswell to make them work properly. but the thing i m saying is i dun want to run any such performance part i want to run is Stock, i just want my motor to be efficient. :) BTW is it safe to run timing Advance ? :ninja
if you want to to run stock and efficient, then leave it stock. and no just don't advance your timing. do weight reduction. it's the only mod that won't affect reliability

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks bro, i have more then enough wight reduction as my ride is 810 kg so B16 works pretty well on Stock ...

Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
arm ???
thank you sir but isnt it little starage cutting something out from ur Car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts